- 5:02youtube.comWD 4TB My Passport Hard Drive - How To Format For MacBookJun 28, 202030.7K Views
- Cgpdt.kopfschmerz.co › Western-digital-my-passportWestern Digital My Passport 4tb External Hard Drive For Mac
- Wd My Book Hard Drive For Mac 4tb
Buy WD My Book 4TB Desktop External Hard Drive for Windows/Mac/Laptop, USB 3.0 Black (WDBBGB0040HBK-NESN) with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Newegg shopping upgraded ™.
Disk Drive Format Your My Book drive is formatted as a single exFAT partition for compatibility with all updated Windows and Mac operating systems. Physical Description The My Book drive has: The power connector, interface port, and a security slot on the back USB 3.0 Interface USB 3.0 supports interface transfer rates up to 5 Gb/s. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for WD My Book Studio 3TB Mac External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 at Amazon.com. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Shop WD My Book Essential 3TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Hard Drive Black at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Price Match Guarantee. Western Digital's My Book Studio 3TB offers massive storage and fast transfer speeds to older-generation Macs using FireWire, and USB 2.0 is also included. We're waiting for a Thunderbolt update for Western Digital's range of Mac-friendly external hard drives, but for Macs of a slightly older vintage the My Book Studio is a high quality product.
WD 4TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0040HBK-NESN 3.9 out of 5 stars 133 WD 4TB My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive HDD, USB-C and USB-A Compatible, Blue - WDBA2F0040BBL-WESN. Nothing from western digital on startup. I cannot remember if i have used it before on a mac or not. Wd my book 1110 usb device las driver wd my book essential xpdownload the latest drivers for your wd my book 1140 usb device to keep your computer up-to-date. We recently had an older drives, pro driver wdbaah0010hch-00 download. WD 4TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0040HBK-NESN 3.9 out of 5 stars 133 WD 4TB My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive HDD, USB-C and USB-A Compatible, Blue - WDBA2F0040BBL-WESN.
- With password protection and hardware encryption, this WD My Book external hard drive allows you to protect and privatize your stored documents. The 4TB capacity delivers ample space for videos, photos, music and other files.
- The My Book for PC comes in 2TB, 3TB and 4TB capacities while the My Book for Mac tops out at 3TB. Both drives ship with a USB 3.0 interface for rapid access to the hard drive inside. The two My Book products are essentially the same, the core difference is in the formatting of the drive; both are ready to go out of the box for their respective.
- With the 4TB My Book Desktop USB 3.0 External Hard Drive from WD it is easy to back up important files and create system backups using the included WD Backup software for Windows or Time Machine for Mac. In addition to simplifying the backup process for both Windows and Mac computers, this hard drive features 256-bit AES hardware encryption to.
Downloads: 17,640. User rating: More votes needed. Rate this 5 (Best) 4 3 2 1 (Worst) This installer - WD Drive Utilities and WD Security, are contained within the WD Drive Utilities. WD External Hard Drive Automatic Backup in Windows7/8/10; WD External Hard Drive Automatic Backup in Windows7/8/10. WD external hard drive is a good location for automatic backup, and free AOMEI Backupper will help you to easily achieve files, system, disk, or partition auto backup to Western Digital external hard drive within Windows 7/8/10.
My Book is a series of external hard drives produced by Western Digital.There are currently nine series of My Book drives; Essential Edition, Home Edition, Office Edition, Mirror Edition, Studio Edition, Premium Edition, Elite Edition, Pro Edition, AV Dvr 'Live Edition', and the World Edition. My Book drives are designed to look like a standard black hardback book, with the exception of the. Welcome to your My Book® Essential external hard drive, an elegant, high-capacity storage solution for all the chapters of your di gital life. Our latest edition features visual, easy-to-use, automatic, continuous backup software and drive lock security protection. WD's best-selling My Book Essential USB external hard drive features WD SmartWare. WD 3TB My Book for Mac Desktop External Hard Drive - USB 3.0 - WDBYCC0030HBK-NESN WD 2TB My Passport for Mac Portable External Hard Drive - Blue, USB-C/USB-A - WDBA2D0020BBL-WESN WD My Book 1TB External Hard Drive Storage USB 3.0 File Backup and Storage. 3TB External hard drive - WD My Book for Mac. Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing. Shipping and handling. This item will ship to United States, but the seller has not specified shipping options. Contact the seller- opens in a new window or tab and request a shipping method to your location.
“My Mac system saves all its data on Western Digital My Book Studio hard drive mounted on it. I own this system from long back and till now it hasn’t rendered any misfortune. But today my Mac machine started acting weird; it suddenly stopped working and got shut down without any command. Later, I restarted the system and it worked fine. But after some time the same thing happened and then system never booted again. How to resolve this problem? All my numerous data will be in futile if the drive becomes dead. Can anyone please suggest me on how to get back all data from my Mac system WD drive?”
Western Digital My Book Studio is an amazing storage media that is capable of saving data up to 6TB with RAID 0 / RAID 1 features. This hard drive is explicitly developed to suite on Mac OS based computers and Notebooks to save data. WD My Book Studio hard drive can also be utilized as external storage drive on Mac by easily connected it to system that supports high performance by delivering outstanding speed through USB 3.0 and same capacity of data storage as that of desktop drive. Furthermore, My Book Studio drives facilitates password for protecting your data and hardware-based encryption to avoid unauthorized access to the data. However, users undergo many unknown circumstances (as the one mentioned above) that result in huge data loss. Let us see few of such instances below:
Some of the main causes for data from WD My Book are:
Wd My Book Studio Software For Mac
- Corruption of Master boot record will cause data loss due to malfunctioning of WD My Book Studio Mac drive
- Any damage to Catalog record, which holds all essential information about files of a Mac volume can cause severe loss of files because of inaccessibility
- Virus infection is also a crucial factor that can corrupt file system of the drive causing huge file loss
- Another common cause is human mistake that can result in complete data loss when WD My Book drive is accidentally formatted / reformatted or when any volume is deleted and also when Trash is emptied without going through its contents
In all such various situations, files on Mac WD My Book Studio hard drive will be severely erased / lost and if there is any availability of backup data then you are at safe. Else, losing data will be a disastrous situation to face. However, one need not struggle hard thinking about lost data from WD hard drive because there are plenty of data recovery tools that can bring back lost data effectively.
Which software can perfectly retrieve data from WD My Book Studio hard disk?
Industry experts always recommend making use of reliable and proficient data restoration tools to safely extract lost data. One such eminent utility is Yodot Mac Data Recovery that can be employed on Mac computers to restore data not only from WD My Book Studio hard drive but also from other models of hard drives like Seagate, Apple, LaCie, Iomega and many others. You can use this software to regain access to all types of files like doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx, xml, txt, jpg, mpeg, etc. from Mac hard drives and other external storage media. Also you can recover deleted files from different Apple products like iPods, iMac, MacBook Pro and various internal as well as external hard drives developed for Mac operating system.
Steps to make use of Yodot Mac Data Recovery software:
- Connect your WD My Book Studio hard drive to a healthy Mac system
- Download the software onto that healthy Mac system and install it
- After launching the software, in the main screen select “Volume Recovery” option
- Next, the software provides a list of volumes present on Mac system
- Select the volume that represents externally connected WD drive on the system
- Further, the software starts recovery process and you can see the status of recovery in progress bar
- In the next screen all types of recoverable files will be listed in Data View / File Type view
- Select required files to regain and target the location to save them
Things to Remember
- Always track back the minor defects of hard drives before problem becomes severe that might lead to complete hard drive failure
- Maintain proper backup of all necessary files regularly
Summary: Let’s figure out how to format your WD Passport on macOS & Windows. In this blog post, we will walk you through the formatting process and share instructions to format an external drive on macOS & Windows.
But before you proceed, understand that formatting carries a risk of hard drive corruption and data loss. So, in case, if you had accidentally lost your data due to drive formatting or corruption, we also recommend a data recovery software that can rescue data from your HDD. Take a free trial to evaluate the software now.
Professional Photographers and videographers have their hands laid upon various digital devices. Usually, their arsenal includes a cutting-edge Windows 10 desktop, the latest and the magnificent MacBook Pro, DSLR & SD-Cards of-course and the trusted & loved external drives such as the WD My Passport. The role of the WD My Passport drive is crucial since the individual will leverage the portable media to safely store their collection of pictures, videos, audio, and docs. But despite the best of the best device specifications; there remains one small glitch to rectify.
We know, Macs and Windows have their native file systems such as the new APFS or HFS and the NTFS. A WD My Passport formatted with Mac file system will be a dud on the Windows and vice-versa. Thankfully, MS-DOS FAT32 and ex-FAT formats have survived to date, and these are the file system to make your WD My Passport work with a Mac and a Windows PC simultaneously. In the next 5 minutes read, you will master yourself in formatting a WD My Passport safely and in a manner best suited for sharing your digital files between a macOS and Windows OS.
To format a Western Digital My Passport external hard drive in ex-FAT or FAT32 format, you can bank on built-in applications of Mac & PC. However, while doing this, there are things you have to keep in mind and follow the correct steps. Here you will get to know about the process to format your “My passport” portable drive in FAT32 and ex-FAT file system in both Windows and Mac platforms.
In Windows Platform:
Wd My Book Drivers For Mac Windows 7
Wd My Book Ntfs Driver For Mac
1. Connect your Western Digital My Passport hard drive to your Windows PC through the USB cable. Wait till the Windows detects the external hard drive and configure it as an expansion drive automatically.
2. Now, click the Start button and select ‘This PC’. A new Windows Explorer window opens, on the left side of the screen; you will see a list of installed drives and their drive letters.
3. Locate the icon assigned to Western Digital My Passport drive and Right-click the connected drive icon and click ‘Format’ in the pop-up menu.
Wd My Book Drivers For Macbook
4. Select the ‘File System’ from the drop-down list, which is available in the format expansion and choose either ‘ex-FAT’ or ‘FAT32’.
5. Enter a relevant name in the ‘Volume Label’ field. This name will represent your drive when you connect it with Windows Explorer or Mac and will be mentioned above the drive letter for the My Passport drive. Therefore, enter a descriptive name.
6. Now, again select a ‘Quick Format’ option, then click ‘Start’ option, wait for a few minutes to get your drive reformatted with the FAT32 file system, so that you can use it. After successful formatting, you can directly save or move files to it like any other external hard drive.
In macOS / OS X Platform
- Connect your Western Digital My Passport drive to Mac computer, and let the OS detect and mount the drive for use. Now, a new hard drive icon will appear on the desktop.
- On macOS Dock, select Finder. When the Finder window opens, on the menu bar, select ‘Go’ and then ‘Utilities.’ After that, you will be able to see /Applications/Utilities folder in Finder. From the Utilities folder window, select ‘Disk Utility’ application.
- When the Disk Utility opens, choose the Western Digital hard drive icon from the sidebar.
- Click ‘Erase’ on the Disk Utility file menu. Now, the Erase dialogue window appears, here select the ‘Volume Format’ drop-down list and choose ‘MS-DOS (FAT)’ or ex-FAT File System.’ Note: ex-FAT is a better choice for formatting WD My Passport on Mac.
- Now, click the ‘Erase,’ button and wait a few minutes and let the macOS erase data on the drive and reformat it by FAT32 or ex-FAT format.
- Once formatting is done, you can use the drive in macOS or OS X as a regular hard drive.
Window’s Disk Management and Mac’s Disk Utility applications are secure platforms to erase your WD My Passport easily. You don’t require any third-party software to format your WD My Passport with FAT or ex-FAT.
Caution: Avoid Formatting your WD My Passport without Backup
We can’t rule out the possibilities of human errors resulting in the accidental formatting of the WD My Passport external drive. A silly man-made mistake will permanently remove all of the contained pictures, videos, audio files, and docs instantly from the WD My Passport. Hence, fasten your seat-belts and backup your WD My Passport before erasing. If you have already joined the data loss club unwillingly, then try running D-I-Y applications to recover data from Mac and Windows.
Tips for Effective Formatting
- Format your Western Digital My Passport external hard drive to FAT32 or ex-FAT format so to transfer the data between a Mac and Windows system conveniently.
- There are specific third-party systems, like Digital Camcorders, and Sony PlayStation 3, which need the drives to be formatted in either FAT32 or ex-FAT format to perform read from and write operation. Check it before selecting a file format.
- Due to some limitations FAT32 format is not useful for every type of user, and also affects both Mac’s and PC’s performances. Therefore, it is better to choose ex-FAT instead.
- Ex-FAT supports maximum volume size up to 128 PiB, and its supported maximum file size is 128 PiB.
- Like FAT32, ex-FAT is not a very commonly used file system, due to which its support may vary among third-party devices.
- The corruption chances of the external drive increases, if it is used on both Mac and PC systems regularly. Therefore, it is better to take backup of your important photos and videos before sharing them between both the computers.
5:02youtube.comWD 4TB My Passport Hard Drive - How To Format For MacBookJun 28, 202030.7K Views
Can't Read/Write WD NTFS Drive on Mac Computer
'I recently purchased a WD My Passport 2TB (WDBYVG0020BBK) that came pre-formatted for Windows. I would like to use this interchangeably between my Windows & macOS laptops. The drive packaging in the Compatibility section says: Downloadable NTFS driver for read/write on macOS Where can I find this driver/software for macOS Catalina......'
We knew that Windows and Mac all have their own file system, APFS, and HFS for Apple Native and NTFS for Windows. Speaking of using the WD NTFS driver on Mac, unfortunately, you can only open the NTFS driver with read-only mode. But your hope is not lost. Take 5 minutes to catch a wise software to enable read/write support on WD My Password driver and master a manual to format WD device that both work with Windows and Mac file systems.
WD NTFS Drive for Mac Free Download (Simple, Free Solution)
Format WD My Passport to FAT32
Final Words about Selecting Reliable NTFS Driver for Mac
WD NTFS Drive for Mac Free Download (Simple, Free Solution)
Western Digital For Mac Driver
Like the case shown on the very first, WD is reminded of using the NTFS driver for reading and writing on macOS. But how to find such software compatible with macOS? Although there is an open-source method with the Terminal method, it is too complicated for users to follow. So a simple NTFS driver software is needed.
EaseUS NTFS for Mac is software with a Mac-like interface and clear steps for instruction. The writing support can be achieved with a salient green button. After activation, EaseUS NTFS for Mac will exist on the tray automatically, no need to open software every time, you can directly read and write data on it.
Note: Under the read-write mode for NTFS drive on Mac, if you disconnect the NTFS external drive in a straightforward way, the worst-case scenario is data loss. So EaseUS NTFS for Mac unveils a Safe Eject function for you.
Without reboot the Mac computer, you can enjoy the automatic read and write mode.
- 7 days free trial - 0$ paid now.
- Compatible with all macOS computers. (M1-based Mac available)
- Support to mount, unmount, eject all WD external hard drives with simple clicks.
- Free to read, write, rename, transfer, copy, delete files.
Download and launch EaseUS NTFS for Mac
How to Enable WD NTFS Driver Write Support on Mac
Step 1. Launch and activate EaseUS NTFS for Mac. Click 'I already have a license' to unlock this software.
Step 2. Connect an NTFS drive to Mac, EaseUS NTFS for Mac will automatically detect the device. Select your drive and you'll see it's now marked as 'Read-only'. Click 'Enable Writable' to add read and write rights to the drive.
Step 3. When the state of NTFS drives turns into 'Writable', click 'Open'. NTFS for Mac will open the NTFS drive on Mac.
Step 4. Now, you can check, read, write, and even modify saved data on the NTFS device.
Learn to use an automatic third-party NTFS manager, one apple native program, and one free NTFS driver.
Format WD My Passport to FAT32
If your WD My Passport drive is blank, formatting can be another wise choice to convert your file system work with a Mac computer. If the drive is full of precious data, take a backup on a Windows computer immediately, otherwise, you need to use the data recovery method after data is getting formatted.
To format a WD My Passport NTFS drive on a Mac computer, the Apple native Disk Utility is a good format tool same as Disk Management on Windows.
Wd Ntfs Driver For Mac
How to Format WD NTFS drive in Mac Computer:
Step 1. Connect the Western Digital My Drive to a Mac. Then a computer will detect the drive and you can see WD My Passport on the Desktop.
Step 2. Click the Finder icon from dock > Go to left panel, locate and click Applications.
Step 3. Then you can check a bunch of tools on the right panel. Locate and click to open Utilities.
Step 4. Find Disk Utility and click to open it.
Wd My Book Ntfs Driver For Mac Free
Step 5. Check Western Digital NTFS drive on Disk Utility. Click Erase tab.
Step 6. In the Erase window, Rename your Device (Optional), Select Volume Format.
- Only use WD driver on Mac: Select APFS
- Make WD work with Windows and Mac: Select MS-DOS (FAT)
Step 7. Click Erase button.
Wait for the format to be finished, now you can use the drive in Mac computer.
Final Words about Selecting Reliable NTFS Driver for Mac
Writing to WD external hard drive on mac no longer a hard issue via professional NTFS driver software. You can get a WD NTFS driver free download. Also, some users choose to format their drive compatible with Mac. Both are workable and welcome to inexperienced users. But the third-party software is equal to shortcuts. Why not take a 7-day free trial first?
EaseUS NTFS for Mac:
- Automatic switch to the read-write mode for NTFS drive on Mac. Manually switch to Read-only mode.
- Take a free use right now.
- Open, mount, unmount, eject drive safely.
Wd My Book Installation Software
Format File System by Disk Utilities:
Wd Elements Drivers
- Apple built-in tool.
- Erase all data if running format process.
Aimed at the Mac user, the Western Digital My Book Studio (4TB) ($259.99 list) is a metal-clad external hard drive. Its matte silver chassis matches the aluminum case of your new iMac, Mac mini, or MacBook Pro, and its USB 3.0 connection means that it's speedy for new Macs, while remaining compatible with older Macs with a slower USB 2.0 interface. This is a good drive to choose if you're transferring your data from an old Mac to a new one, you need a large storage unit for your video files, or if you need a Time Machine backup for your whole Mac system.
Design and Features
The My Book Studio is a book-shaped drive, echoing the larger Western Digital My Book Studio Edition II 6TB and Western Digital My Book Thunderbolt Duo. The My Book Studio eschews the extra interfaces of its cousins, simply relying on the ubiquitous USB interface found on all Macs. When connected to older Macs it runs at USB 2.0 speeds, while newer Macs with USB 3.0 will be able to use the drive to its full potential. Aside from the metal case, the drive is very much like its PC-based twin, the Western Digital My Book (4TB) . The My Book Studio also has a jack in the back for the included AC adapter as well as a USB 3.0 port for the included cable.
You can hook the drive up to any USB port on your Mac, and your Mac will ask you to use the drive as a Time Machine Backup. The My Book Studio is well-suited to this task, since it's formatted HFS+ from the factory. You can reformat the drive FAT32, exFAT, or NTFS to use it with a Windows PC. The drive comes with WD utilities including security software and diagnostic utilities. If you use the drive with Time Machine, you won't have to worry about the extra utilities. The drive is fanless, which keeps it quiet. Drives like the LaCie 2big Thunderbolt Series (6 TB) are noisier due to their active cooling fans. The My Book Studio comes with a three-year warranty, better than the one-year warranty found on basic drives, and the two years of its plastic My Book (4TB) brother.
The My Book Studio is good performer when connected to a new USB 3.0 Mac or MacBook. We were able to get a speedy 121 MB/sec both write and read throughput on our AJA System test. It took 16 seconds to transfer our standard test folder. This makes it a little slower than the Seagate Backup Plus Desktop Drive for Mac (3TB), but worlds faster than the USB 2.0-only Iomega Mac Companion 3TB. This is sufficient for non-performance-dependent uses like video storage, Time Machine backups, and general file storage. If you want more performance for video editing or frequent data transfers, then a Thunderbolt drive like the My Book Thunderbolt Duo would be a better bet.
All in all, the Western Digital My Book Studio (4TB) does everything it sets out to do. It's a backward-compatible drive that can help you store your data, back up your Mac, or transfer your data from an old Mac to a new one. It's not quite as flexible as our Editors' Choice Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk (4TB) or as rugged as the IoSafe Solo G3 (1 TB), but the My Book Studio is basic mid-tier desktop storage for your Mac, and sometimes that's all you need.
Compare the Western Digital My Book Studio (4TB) with several other hard drives side by side.
More hard drive reviews:
Western Digital My Book Studio (4TB)
- Three-year warranty.
Western Digital 3tb Usb 3.0
The Bottom Line
The Western Digital My Book Studio gives you a capacious 4TB drive to match your aluminum iMac or Mac mini. It's a strong mid-tier drive to keep your files safe, and sometimes that's all you need.Lab Report</strong> to get the latest reviews and top product advice delivered right to your inbox.','first_published_at':'2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z','published_at':'2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z','last_published_at':'2021-09-30T21:24:08.000000Z','created_at':null,'updated_at':'2021-09-30T21:24:30.000000Z'})' x-show='showEmailSignUp()'>
Like What You're Reading?
Sign up for Lab Report to get the latest reviews and top product advice delivered right to your inbox.
Thanks for signing up!
Western Digital My Book Hd
Cgpdt.kopfschmerz.co › Western-digital-my-passportWestern Digital My Passport 4tb External Hard Drive For Mac
Your subscription has been confirmed. Keep an eye on your inbox!Sign up for other newsletters
Wd My Book Hard Drive For Mac 4tb
Equipped with WD Backup software for Windows and Apple Time Machine compatibility for Mac, the My Book desktop hard drive can back up your photos, videos, music, and documents.
The My Book drive’s built-in 256-bit AES hardware encryption with WD Security™ tools helps keep your content private and safe. Just activate password protection and set your own personalized password.
Watch The Power Of My Book Come To Life
We live hectic lives and generate tons of digital content. My Book desktop storage has massive storage capacity so you can confidently back up the files that make up your digital life. Do More With Discovery Included WD Discovery™ software1 connects to popular social media and cloud storage services, like Facebook, Dropbox, and Google Drive™.2 Import your photos, videos, and docs to the My Book drive to help preserve your online life. WD Discovery can also be used to manage your drive with WD Drive Utilities.
Millions of people around the world trust their data to My Book desktop storage. Designed to meet WD’s demanding requirements for durability, shock tolerance, and long-term reliability, we back up (pun intended!) the trusted My Book desktop storage with a 3-year limited warranty..
My Passport portable storage is ready right out of the box including all necessary cables. And with SuperSpeed USB, you can quickly start backing up everything in your life and keep driving forward.
Easy To Use
My Book desktop storage is ready to use out of the box so you can start transferring files, saving your memories and backing up right away. It comes with all the software you need to help protect your data, including WD Backup and WD Security software and is compatible with Time Machine.1