- Synology Drive Mac Client
- Uninstall Synology Drive Mac Software
- Synology Drive Client
- Synology Drive Client Mac Os
Download synology assistant for mac for free. System Tools downloads - SynologyAssistant by Synology Inc. And many more programs are available for instant and free download.
Synology Cloud Station aka Cloud Station Drive stopped working reliably for me in El Capitan.
- I'm looking to uninstall unused packages from my DS918+ and one of those is the DHCP Server. However when I go to remove it I get: It's a bit worrying when it warns it'll delete the 'Network Interface', so is it okay to remove those items?
- To uninstall Synology Drive, you also can take such a way to perform the removal on your Mac, a sophisticated uninstaller can help you scan all of the app's files from the computer, and allow you to delete them within a few of seconds.
That’s when I discovered there’s no uninstaller.
I have a rule of not installing Mac apps that can’t be easily uninstalled . Clearly I screwed up. In my experience if a Mac apps doesn’t have a clean uninstall it’s not going to work out well.
Uninstall directions for Ubuntu mention a buried uninstall script in ./Cloudstation; I have Finder set to show invisible files (I like running this way) so I found the Mac version of this in /Users/jfaughnan/.CloudStation (you might be able to open this using Finder Go). I couldn’t find an uninstall script in the Mac package though. I didn’t find anything useful on Synology forums; a site that markets a (worthless) Mac uninstaller app gave generic directions.
This is what I did. I think EasyFind will do most of the work for you - just search on Synology.
- Exited Synology Cloud Station from the blue cloud icon Finder bar thing.
- Searched Activity Monitor for Synology and Cloud. Found two processes called “synology cloud station drive finder integration” and killed both.
- Deleted /Applications/Synology Cloud Station.app
- Deleted /Users/jfaughnan/.CloudStation
- Used EasyFind.app (love it) to search for all files and folders containing “synology” including Invisible Files and Folders and Package Contents. It found a ton of crap. For example: /private/var/folders/5c/gx565vx110gcdhxn10mbddfh0000gp/T/com.synology.CloudStation.FinderSync . I deleted that and several more. I’ve included below a set of partial screenshots form Easy Find (shame I don’t know enough unix to do this in shells and dump results). It’s a mess, but in practice I only had to delete 3-4 things to clear them all out. (If you have other Synology tools installed you’ll probably damage them too, but really you shouldn’t let Synology touch your Mac.)
- Log out and then in again to confirm Finder iteration is gone.
- fn -
 Lack of OS uninstall support is one of the historic defects of macOS / OS X.
 cmd-opt-c to copy file path is the best feature of El Capitan. Almost as good as old cmd-opt-shift-v for paste as plain text.
Synology Drive Mac Client
 There are lots of weird files in ‘5c’, looks like some kind of cache/dumping ground. I just deleted the Synology one. There’s also a com.microsoft.OneDrive-mac.FinderSync in there. Turns out Finder Sync is a newish OS X API that does a lot of interesting things (probably with bugs and Finder screw-ups, knowing Apple):
… The Finder Sync extension point lets you cleanly and safely modify the Finder’s user interface to express file synchronization status and control. Unlike most extension points, Finder Sync does not add features to a host app. Instead, it lets you modify the behavior of the Finder itself….
… With a Finder Sync extension you register one or more folders for the system to monitor. Your Finder Sync extension then sets badges, labels, and contextual menus for any items in the monitored folders. You can also use the extension point’s API to add a toolbar button to the Finder window or a sidebar icon for the monitored folder…
Uninstall Synology Drive Mac Software
… Finder Sync supports apps that synchronize the contents of a local folder with a remote data source. It improves user experience by providing immediate visual feedback directly in the Finder. Badges display the sync state of each item, and contextual menus let users manage folder contents. Custom toolbar buttons can invoke global actions, such as opening a monitored folder or forcing a sync operation…
Synology Drive Client
… the user may have multiple copies of your extension running at once, and some may be very short lived…
Synology Drive Client Mac Os
Update 8/23/2016: I can’t kill the Finder integration on Emily’s Mac. Keeps returning. This thing must have malware in its code base.