PC-Compatible Turtle Beach headsets with USB amplifiers/transmitters do not require separate USB drivers provided by Turtle Beach to function on a PC.
- MacBooks Propel Mac Growth, MacBook Pro Shortage Due to 250 GB Drive, $5,000 Stealth MBP, and More, The 'Book Review, 2009.07.10. Also MacBook Air cooler with Nvidia graphics, notebook battery warning, 5 hour external battery for MacBooks, USB 2.0 to ExpressCard adapter, bargain 'Books from $179 to $2,100, and more.
- My computer has an i7-8550u with 16gb of ram and a killer WiFi chip ( Killer™ Wireless-AC (802.11a/b/g/n/ac + Bluetooth® 4.1)) I'm going to replace the card because I hear there are no drives for the chip supported on Linux. I also plan on getting a 2tb drive and allocate about 500gb to macOS and Linux the 1tb to windows.
Stealth 700 Gen 2 - Xbox. Stealth 700 Gen 2 - PlayStation. Stealth 600 P S4. The GS66 Stealth carries over its trim dimensions of 0.8 by 14.1 by 9.8 inches. It's a touch heavy for the size at 4.63 pounds, but the sturdiness of its all-metal design is enough to forgive that.
If the headset uses a USB connection for audio output/input, generic USB drivers for the headset should install automatically. This may take a few minutes; after those drivers are installed, the headset will be available for use in the Sound Settings.
If the headset uses a USB connection for power only (or connects solely to a headset jack), no drivers will install when the headset is connected. The headset will not be recognized or listed as an individual audio device. Instead, your headset will be listed under the jack/port it is connected to, as, in this case, your PC will only detect that a device is plugged into the headset jack.
Please reference the table below to see if your headset uses the USB only for power/ uses analog connections only—in which case, no drivers will install—or if your headset receives audio through USB—in which case, generic drivers will install. (If your headset is not listed in this table, drivers are not necessary for your headset):
|USB Chat/Audio Interface||USB for Power and/or Analog Only|
|When Connected, Generic Drivers Will Install||When Connected, No Drivers Will Install|
- Elite 800
Note: this list only includes headsets that are designed for PC.
DTS Headphone:X Surround Sound and Audio Hub Drivers
A small number of Turtle Beach PC Headsets require a separate driver provided by Turtle Beach to enable DTS Headphone:X 7.1 or Dolby surround sound. Those headsets and links to their drivers are below:
Stealth Drive Mac Os
- Stealth 450 (DTS Headphone:X)
- Recon 320 (Dolby Surround Sound)
- Ear Force Z300 (Dolby Surround Sound)
- Elite Pro PC Edition (DTS Headphone:X)