- Bootable Usb Drive Macos Catalina
- Create Bootable Usb Drive Macos Catalina
- Bootable Usb
- Macos Catalina Bootable Usb Drive Creator Tool
- Bootable Usb Drive Diskpart
- Bootable Catalina Installer
With the death of old Compact disks, now you can save and transfer your files and data to your computer with the help of USB flash drives. Also, now easily, you can create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10 PC or laptop instead of using those old-fashioned CDs. You can find many methods to create a macOS Catalina bootable USB installer.
Step 1: Formatting the USB Drive. In order to create a bootable macOS installer the USB flash drive must be formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled) which will add a second hidden EFI partition needed to create a boot loader. Insert a USB Flash Drive; Open Disk Utility; Select the Flash Drive on the left column; Click Erase; Set the following. Subscribe now - A bootable USB installer makes fresh installs of macOS Catalina 10.15 easy. Buy SanDisk Ultra USB-C drive from Amazon. Dec 11, 2021 When the Windows 10 ISO download is done, double click the file to open it. A new window will appear. Now copy all files to your USB drive (e.g. Via drag & drop). The copy process may take a little while, depending on the speed of your thumb drive. When this is done you can eject the USB stick. Bootable Usb Mac Os Catalina Terminal.
You can create a USB installer using CMD by using some kind of code and without any help from any third-party software. But, there is a downside that codes are boring and most people hate them.
Therefore, we’ve searched a lot and found the three best and new methods that you can use to create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 PC & laptop. You can follow the below steps to create a USB installer easily with the help of third-party software in case you hate using the CMD method.
How to Create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10 PC
I bet you are things about “Clover EFI” software which was one the most popular ways to create USB installers of any operating system. But we have some pretty new methods for you with some of the best software in the market, which is great.
This software is pretty easy and simple to use and just takes some minutes to burn the ISO or DMG file in the USB. And you’ll be provided with a macOS Catalina USB installer which you can use to install the macOS Catalina on several devices easily without any difficulties. So now, let’s get started.
But before starting, make sure you have downloaded the macOS Catalina DMG file, if not, you can download it from here.
Method 1. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 via the UltraDMG app
UltraDMG a software that can be used to create a macOS Bootable USB installer on Windows 10. This software can be used on both Windows 10 devices and mac ones. So, UltraDMG software supports those mediums too.
Just like the other software, UltraDMG has an easier and simpler interface, and anyone with a basic knowledge of computers can use it to create bootable USB installers. But before, creating a macOS Catalina USB installer with this software, make sure you have the followings:
Bootable Usb Drive Macos Catalina
- Download the UltraDMG app on Windows PC.
- A 16GB of the USB drive.
- macOS Catalina DMG file
After, having the above requirements, you can start the process to create a macOS Catalina bootable USB installer on Windows 10.
- To create a USB installer, attach the USB drive to your PC or laptop.
- Run the “UltraDMG” software as an administrator.
- Before burning the DMG file to the USB, the software needs to format the flash drive, Therefore, do check if your files aren’t on the USB.
- Next, you will get to options to start with. You can either burn the DMG file or extract it.
- As you want to create a USB installer, click on the first option and proceed.
- Next, browse and find and select the DMG file from the folder on the computer and tap on “Burn”
- The app will start burning the DMG file to USB and will create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10.
After successful completion, a “burning Completed” message will be displayed on the screen. Then, you can detach and use the macOS Catalina USB installer as needed. In addition, you can also get help from the official video tutorials created by the UltraDMG group.
Method 2. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 with TransMac
TransMac is one of the most used tools used for creating a macOS bootable USB installer on Windows PCs. Before beginning, make sure you have the followings:
- Download TransMac on Windows PC.
- macOS Catalina DMG file.
- USB flash drive with Min 16GB storage.
After having all of the above requirements, you are ready to start the process.
- To create a USB installer, connect your USB flash drive to the Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Next, Run the TransMac app as an Administrator.
- Now, format the USB drive and rename it if you want.
- Next, tap on browse and select the macOS Catalina DMG File from the computer’s download folder.
- After adding the file, tap on “Create USB installer”, and wait until the process completes.
It may take about 10 minutes for the process to be completed. Once the macOS Catalina bootable USB installer is created by the software, you can disconnect your USB and use it to install, and reinstall macOS Catalina on your MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, and others.
Create Bootable Usb Drive Macos Catalina
Method 3. Create a macOS Catalina USB installer on Windows 10 using “DMG editor”
UUbyte DMG Editor is another software that can be used to create macOS Catalina USB installation discs on Windows 10 PC. Also, if it is due to unexpected problems, you will not be able to use the above two software. So as an alternative, DMG editor is another great software.
The interface of this particular software resembles the UltraDMG interface and there are many similarities between the two software. Also, the process of creating a bootable USB installer on both devices is almost the same.
Macos Catalina Bootable Usb Drive Creator Tool
That’s it. This is how you can create a bootable USB installer for macOS Catalina on Windows 10 PC or laptop with the use of some third-party software. Creating a bootable UBS installer used to be so difficult and time-consuming, but with the advent of new software, this can be done in simple steps without any problems. In addition, there may be many other programs that can also be checked out. But we think there is no more reliable and easier way to do this.
- How to Find Graphics Card Details on a Windows 11 Laptop HP, Dell, Lenovo & Asus - November 23, 2021
- How to Install Dropbox on a Windows 11 PC How to Use it - November 20, 2021
- How to Share Your Printer on Windows 11 over the Network - November 12, 2021
In today’s guide, we will be helping the mac users to create a bootable macOS Catalina USB drive, which they can install on their Mac devices.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 beta 3 is the sixteenth and the latest OS released by Apple in June 2020. This update includes many new features such as additional emoji’s, support for AirPods 3 pro, Homekit Secure Video, Homekit enabled Routers, and new Siri privacy settings as well as Bug fixes and enhancement in performance.
It is always wiser to look at the system requirements before installing Catalina on your device. Moreover, Catalina requires 4 GB of memory. The supported devices are listed below.
Bootable Usb Drive Diskpart
|iMac||Late 2012 or newer|
|Mac Pro||Late 2013 or newer|
|Mac Mini||Late 2012 or newer|
|MacBook||Early 2015 or newer|
|MacBook Air||Mid 2012 or newer|
|MacBook Pro||Mid 2012 or newer|
Bootable Catalina Installer
As usual, Apple no longer supplies a bootable USB Flash Driver with the latest OS releases- including the new OS Catalina. Using this tutorial, you will be able to create your own bootable USB Flash Driver using Apple’s latest Operating System in a couple of easy steps.
How to Create a Bootable macOS Catalina USB Drive
Follow the below steps in order to create a bootable macOS Catalina USB Drive.
- Format your USB Drive:-
- Connect your USB drive to the USB port of your computer.
- Press Command+ Space to launch spotlight, type in ‘Disk Utility,” and press the return to launch the app.
- Search for your USB drive under the sidebar of the Disk utility app.
- Click to select your USB driver, and after that, click on ERASE.
- Step:- A menu will be open where you need to select Format as Mac OS External (Journaled), then click on the Erase button.
- Make your USB Drive Bootable:-
- Press Command+ Space to launch spotlight, type ‘Terminal,’ and press the return to launch the Terminal app.
- Copy the command: “sudo /Applications/Install macOS Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia –volume /Volumes/Untitled” and paste it inside Terminal.
- Press Enter to confirm
- Enter the administrator password and then hit the enter button again.
- Then, it shows that type ‘Y’ if you wish to continue and then press return to begin the process of creating your USB drive as a bootable USB drive.
- Check your Bootable USB drive:-
- Connect your USB drive to the USB port of your computer.
- Reboot your Mac PC
- While rebooting, hold the option key.
- If it shows, a boot option on-screen means your USB bootable drive works properly.
- Double Click on ‘Macintosh HD’ to return to your Mac or install your new macOS.
That’s all we have for you on how you can create a bootable macOS Catalina USB Drive. We hope this guide helped you. If you liked our guide, don’t forget to check out our other Windows Guides, Gaming Guides, Social Media, iPhone Guides, and Android Guides to read more. Subscribing to our YouTube Channel will surely help you win our $150 giveaway contest. If you have any questions or feedback, comment down with your name along with the email ID, and we will reply shortly. Thank you.