- Seagate Expansion Drive
- Format Hard Drive For Mac And Pc
- How To Format Expansion Drive For Mac Os
- How To Format Seagate Expansion Drive For Mac
- Format Hard Drive For Mac
- To format an external hard drive for Mac with Time Machine, you must follow the steps below. Step 1 Open Finder, Applications, then go to Utilities and Disk Utility. Step 2 Follow the steps above to format the drive, and then you can use it with Time Machine on your Mac system. Part 3: Bonus Tip – Data Recovery from Formatted Hard Drive on Mac.
- You can reformat a hard drive on Mac OS X by using Disk Utility. In the left-hand side inside of Disk Utility you will see a list of all the connected hard drives. Each physical drive is shown with the partitions of that drive nested below. Highlight the physical drive you wish to reformat and on the menu at the top to the right select erase.
Use Disk Utility to erase your Mac. Start up from macOS Recovery: Turn on your Mac, then immediately press and hold these two keys until you see an Apple logo or other image: Command (⌘) and R. If asked, select a user you know the password for, then enter their administrator password.
How-To Geek Forums / Apple / OS X
Seagate Expansion Drive
(Solved) - Seagate Expansion Drive: both windows and mac compatible???(8 posts)
I have a seagate 500GB expansion drive which i brought about a year ago. I was using windows at that time, so i had no problem with it. Recently, I have switched to mac and saw that my hard disk was not writable on mac. One of my friends told me that I had to format the hard disk on mac, but I checked it on the internet that if we do it, we would not be able to write anything on it from windows. I have a lot of data in it and I don't want to format it without the right information. So, is there any way to make it writable both on windows AND mac???? I need this as my school has windows pc's and I have a Mac, so it would be convenient that way.
As far as I know Windows and MAC use different disk formats and they are not compatible. This may also be true of the data formats you are trying to take back and forth. Even if you could write to it you would not be able to use the data on the other system.
Actually, I am able to copy data from the hard disk to my mac, but I can not delete or add any data to my hard disk from my mac. So does it mean that if I format it in Mac, I won't be able to write anything on it from windows???
A quick google turned up this page.
Also, are you storing any single file larger than 4gb?
Format Hard Drive For Mac And Pc
Just remember that a format will DLETE ALL of the data on the drive.
How To Format Expansion Drive For Mac Os
Thanks for that minigeek, it helped me in understanding the file formats.
If you want you could have partitions of your hard drive up to 32GB in fat32 which can be read by Mac and Windows. However there is software which claim to be able to format fat32 larger than 32GB. You could also have it in NTFS (windows) and use a program on Mac to Mount to NTFS, check this out;
How To Format Seagate Expansion Drive For Mac
Format Hard Drive For Mac
This topic has been closed to new replies.