Microsoft Office is the most popular suite of productivity applications in the world, and it runs on Mac computers just as well as it does on Windows machines. The question on many Mac users’ lips seems to be, “Should I pay for Microsoft Office for Mac or use one of its many free alternatives?” In this article, we attempt to answer this question and give you all the information you need to download, install, and start using Microsoft Office for Mac — if you decide that it’s a good choice for you.
Introduction to Microsoft Office for Mac
Install Microsoft Word 2010 Free Download For Mac admin If you're using a Mac, double-click the the file that starts with 'Microsoft Office' and ends 'pkg' (Mac) in the Downloads folder, then follow the on-screen instructions to install Office. 9 Cancel the trial before a month is up (optional). Dec 03, 2021 Download microsoft word 2010 for free. Productivity downloads - Microsoft Word by Microsoft and many more programs are available for instant and free download. Microsoft Word For Mac Overview: Have an overview of some of Microsoft Word 2016’s new features and improvements. You can now edit the PDF documents in Microsoft Word 2016.
Microsoft Office was first released in 1990 for Windows 95. The first Mac version, called Microsoft Office 98 Macintosh Edition, wasn’t released until, you’ve guessed it, 1998. It was re-engineered by Microsoft’s Macintosh Business Unit and introduced the Internet Explorer 4.0 browser and Outlook Express. It also included Microsoft PowerPoint 98, Microsoft Word 98, and Microsoft Excel 98.
Today, there’s very little difference between Microsoft Office for Mac and Microsoft Office for Windows. Since the version 15.25, Microsoft Office for Mac has become exclusively a 64-bit application, breaking compatibility with old Mac computers with 32-bit processors.
Components of Microsoft Office for Mac 2016
The latest version of Microsoft Office for Mac, Microsoft Office 2016, features the flat design and tabbed user interface that were introduced in Microsoft Office 2013. It includes Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, OneNote, OneDrive, and Skype.
- Word: a word processor with rudimentary desktop publishing capabilities.
- Excel: a spreadsheet with calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications.
- Outlook: a personal information manager with email capabilities, task manager, contact manager, note taking, and journal.
- PowerPoint: a presentation program that has come to be very widely used in many other communication situations.
- OneNote: a free-form information gathering and multi-user collaboration program capable of gathering users’ notes, drawings, screen clippings, and audio commentaries.
- OneDrive: a cloud file hosting service that allows users to store files as well as other personal data in the cloud.
- Skype: a telecommunications application software that provides video chat and voice calls between computers, tablets, mobile devices, the Xbox One console, and smartwatches.
Editions of Microsoft Office for Mac 2016
How To Download Microsoft Word 2010 For Free On Mac
Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac, sometimes referred to simply as MS Office for Mac 2016, is made available in several editions, each aimed at a different market.
- Home & Student: this retail suite includes the core applications only.
- Home & Business: This retail suite includes the core applications and Outlook.
- Standard: This suite, only available through volume licensing channels, includes the core applications and Outlook.
Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac is also available as part of the Office 365 for Mac subscription services, which use a software as a service model and are intended for home and business users alike.
- Office 365 Home: Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook plus online storage and more for up to 5 users. The Office 365 Home subscription costs $99.99 per year.
- Office 365 Personal: Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook plus online storage and more for 1 user. The Office 365 Personal subscription costs $69.99 per year.
- Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac: Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote for 1 Mac. The Office Home & Student 2016 for Mac subscription costs $149.99 as a one-time purchase.
Why Use Microsoft Office for Mac over iWork?
iWork is an office suite of applications created by Apple for its macOS and iOS operating systems. It includes Keynote, a presentation program, Pages, a word processing and desktop publishing application, and Numbers, a spreadsheet application.
Whereas Microsoft Office for Mac is marketed towards enterprises and home users alike, iWork is generally seen as a prosumer product best suited for smaller businesses and home users. That’s because iWork doesn’t have nearly as many features as Microsoft Office for Mac does, and also because iWork has a simple user interface that adheres to Apple’s design language and usability principles.
In the past, iWork cost $79, but, in 2017, Apple decided to make iWork free for everybody.
“Previously, all of these apps were provided for free to customers who purchased a new Mac or iOS device, but now that purchase is not required to get the software. Many Apple customers were already likely eligible to download the software at no cost if they had made a device purchase in the last few years”,explained MacRumors.
Microsoft Office for Mac vs. iWork
- Considering that iWork doesn’t cost a single penny, it might seem that the choice between it and Microsoft Office for Mac would be simple, but it isn’t. Although iWork can open Microsoft Office documents, the support for Microsoft’s complex file formats is far from perfect. If you need to share the documents, presentations, and spreadsheets you create with others you should always use the same software as the people you collaborate with use, which, most likely, will be Microsoft Office for Windows or Mac.
- Microsoft Excel is hands down the best spreadsheet software in the world. iWork Numbers works fine for simple tracking of expenses, but it can’t match some of the more advance features of Excel, including graphing tools, pivot tables, and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications. Since learning any spreadsheet software can take a lot of time and energy, it makes sense to learn the one that’s used in the business world.
- Finally, Microsoft Office for Mac comes with OneNote, a fantastic note-taking application whose interface provides an electronic version of a tabbed ring-binder, into which users can gather material from a wide variety of sources, including handwritten or typed notes, drawings, screen clippings, and audio commentaries.
- However, iWork also has its strengths. It takes quite a bit of effort to produce a good-looking presentation with PowerPoint but accomplishing the same with iWork Keynote is effortless. If you’ve ever seen Apple’s presentation, you know how sleek and polished their slides are. Well, those slides have been created using the same presentation software that you can download for free from the App Store: iWork Keynote.
iWork Pages is a simple alternative to Microsoft Word that generally appeals to people who only work on relatively simple documents and seldom use features such as bibliographies and change tracking. Unfortunately, iWork Pages documents cannot be opened by Microsoft Word for Windows and Mac, making them unfit for the business world, where Microsoft Office dominates.
How to Download Microsoft Office for Mac?
To download Microsoft Office for Mac, go to www.office.com and sign in with the account associated with your version of Office. Go to the Office home page and select Install Office → Install.
How to Install Microsoft Office for Mac?
An installer file will be downloaded to your computer. Launch it and follow the instructions. When you see the phrase, “You’re all set! Office is installed now,” your install is finished.
The first time you launch Microsoft Office for Mac, you will be prompted to activate your installation. Simply follow the activation wizard prompts to complete the activation process.
How to Uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac?
To uninstall Microsoft Office on Mac, open Finder and navigate to Applications. Press the Command key and click to select all of the Office 2016 for Mac applications. Keep holding the Command key and click an application you selected and click Move to Trash.
To remove leftover files:
- Open Finder and press the Command key + Shift + H.
- On the Finder menu at the top, click View → as List, and then click View → Show View Options.
- In the View Options dialog box, select Show Library Folder and save. Return back to Finder and navigate to Library → Containers.
- Finally, delete the following files:
Plus, these three additional files, which are located in Library → Group Containers:
How to Recover Office Files on Mac?
The latest version of Microsoft Office for Mac supports cloud synchronization, but that doesn’t make Office files immune to corruption or data loss. If you don’t like the idea of seeing hours of work vanish in the blink of an eye, we highly recommend you download and install Disk Drill, a premium data recovery solution for Mac OS X.
Your Companion for Deleted Files Recovery
Unlike so many other data recovery products, Disk Drill is a first-class Mac application, featuring an attractive and highly usable user interface and too many features to name them all.
Included with Disk Drill are several free disk tools intended to help you with data backup, hard drive cleanup, disk health monitoring, and system recovery. Despite all of this, Disk Drill can be downloaded for free and tested without any functional limitations.
Microsoft word for mac free download - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Word, and many more programs. Microsoft Word allows you to write, edit, and save documents — whether it's a shared assignment, a presentation for work, or a personal project. Although it's most commonly used on a PC or Mac. Mac users interested in Free microsoft office for mac 10.6 generally download: Microsoft Excel 16.41 Free Microsoft Excel helps you store, organize and process large quantities of data in spreadsheets.
There are a lot of office requirements that one would require to make sure that the day to day operations are taken into consideration. Now there are a lot of software requirements that we would need to take care of to make sure that there are a lot of technical advancements in the field. Now when it comes to an office environment the involvement of documents is on the top priority. Now that means that there is a fervent need for documenting software and that is where the Word software from Microsoft comes into play.
Overview of the Microsoft word 2010
Microsoft Word 2010 For Mac Free Download
This is probably one of the most sophisticated software that one can lay their hands on. This software has a lot of definite frameworks that will make sure that all the aspects of your documentation needs are taken care of. Well, the process does not stop there, there are a lot of other inclusive features that will make sure that the documents that you create with the software are a strong one.
The other thing that makes the software a credible one is that it can be used almost anywhere and that is probably why the software is pretty much used everywhere across the world.
Recommended Post:-Download Microsoft Excel 2010 full version for free
There are a lot of other things that make the software a worthwhile one. The biggest highlight in using the software is that it comes inclusive with the Microsoft office package and this makes the software compatible with other similar packages that are available in the package.
Now there are a lot of things that you need to make sure before you want to start using the software. You must know the various features that are inclusive of the software.
This is something that is trending within the software that is the screenshot feature. This will ensure that the user can be used to include the screenshot that he can take. This will ensure that once the screenshot is involved in the word document, the person can edit the screenshot according to his preference. There are a lot of other things that can be included in the screenshot. Previously if someone has to paste the screenshot, it is a very inclusive process and would take a lot of time to develop and paste the screenshot.
Artistic freedom is a key feature
There are a lot of definite features that made the word software a dominant one, but the software did have its cons. Most of the people who accessed the word were not able to do much in the case of editing. The pictures that were added into the word document couldn’t be edited and they could only be resized and that too at times at large disproportions. There are a lot of other things that you can make with the artistic features that are available within the software. Now the user can resize, edit, cut and paste the pictures in the accurate places.
This is something that we do not often see with the background of the pictures. This means that you can crop out the background from the picture while inserting it into the software. There are other things that you need to concentrate on to ensure that the pictures that you are including in the word document are clear. The other artistic features that we need to make sure to get a rigid hand over all the data that is being provided within the software will definitely be a new experience to use.
The Word Art update
People who have been using words for a pretty long time will definitely know the advantages of having the word art. This means that there are a lot of other things that will get added to the existential word art feature. There are some of the edits that you can do with word art and also ensure that there is the correct placement of artistic elements within the document.
Now there are a lot of things that make the effective usage of software and this involves the level of credibility that the software is using to make sure that there is efficient usage of all the features that are present within the software. There are a lot of developmental features that are within the system that will give the users an added experience to the users.
System requirements of Microsoft Word 2010
When it comes to the usage of the word document, there are not many system requirements that are needed to make sure that the software runs effectively.
Free Download Microsoft Word 2010 For Macbook Pro
The common system requirements include;
Download Microsoft Word 2010 For Mac Free Full Version
- Operating system; Windows XP and above
- RAM: 1 GB requirement
- HDD space: 1GB maximum requirement
Download Microsoft Word 2010 For Mac
Download Microsoft word 2010 for free
There are a lot of other effective ways that you can create documents with the word software and this means that with added features the software just gets interesting. You can download the installer file of Microsoft word 2010 by accessing the link below.
Download Microsoft Word 2010 full version for free - ISORIVER
There are a lot of office requirements that one would require to make sure that the day to day operations are taken into consideration. Now there are a lot of
Price Currency: USD
Operating System: Windows
Microsoft Word 2010 For Pc
Application Category: Word Processor