- All Epic Games
- How Do You Download Epic Games On Laptop
- How To Download Epic Games Launcher Without Admin Password
If the Epic game launcher is using all the available bandwidth, follow these steps to limit Epic download speed. This frees up the bandwidth for other activities.
- Answer (1 of 2): A2A USB Drive - Epic Games Forums. Run the installer and when prompted, choose your external hard drive as the installation directory.
- Once you click download, it will appear in your game client and you can play it. But like we said earlier this tutorial is mainly for Epic games, and if you're on Epic we're going to follow the same process but have to do a few steps in between to make sure the maps still work. Download Custom Map Loader.
As of writing this, Epic is giving away games left and right to increase its user base. In fact, I recently got my free copy of GTA V from Epic so that I can play the game at last. That being said, most games nowadays range anywhere from a couple of gigabytes to over a hundred gigabytes. GTA and CoD are fine examples of huge download sizes. If you have a super-fast internet connection then downloading big games at full speed might not be an issue. However, if the internet speed is not that great, allowing the Epic game launcher to use all the available bandwidth to download games might hinder your other internet activities like browsing and streaming.
In those kinds of cases, you can limit Epic download speed. Even though the Epic game launcher is bare-bones compared to the Steam client, it has a built-in option to restrict its download speed.
So, in this quick and simple step-by-step guide, let me show you the way to restrict or limit Epic games download speed in Windows.
Using Steam?Here’s how to limit Steam client download speed
Steps to Limit Epic Games Launcher Download Speed
I assume that you’ve already installed the Epic game launcher. Follow the steps below to limit download speed in Epic games application.
- First, open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Now, type “Epic games launcher” and click on the result to open the Epic application.
- After opening the Epic games launcher, click on the “Settings” option on the bottom left panel.
- Here, scroll down and select the “Throttle Downloads” checkbox.
- In the blank field, type the speed in KBs (kilobytes) up to which you want to cape the download speed. For example, I want to limit the download speed to around 3MB/sec. So, I typed 3000 in the field.
- Settings are saved automatically.
A quick tip:Use Google for megabits/megabytes to kilobytes conversion.
All Epic Games
That is all. It is that simple to limit Epic games launcher download speed in Windows 10. From now on, Epic will limit its download speed up to the cape you set in the Settings page. When the download speed is throttled, Epic download manager will show the helpful “Download throttling is enabled” message.
Remove Download Limit in Epic Games Launcher
How Do You Download Epic Games On Laptop
To remove the download limit, open the Epic Games launcher and click on the “Settings” option. Next, scroll down and uncheck the “Throttle Downloads” checkbox. As soon as you uncheck the option, the settings are automatically saved and applied. You will no longer see any download throttling in Epic.
How To Download Epic Games Launcher Without Admin Password
I hope that helps. If you are stuck or need some help, comment below and I will try to help as much as possible. If you like this article, check out how to create a desktop shortcut for Epic games in Windows.