2.5' usb c ssd raid enclosure supports two 2.5' sata ssd drives in jbod, big, raid0 and raid1 configurations, usb c ssd enclosure provides with optional power cable provides stable drive performance to serve as an external raid enclosure. Mediasonic ProRaid USB Type C 2 Bay Raid 2.5” SATA SSD/Hard Drive Enclosure. 9.5/10 our score. The Best External Hard Drives and SSDs for Mac in 2021 Looking to add storage, or for a smart way to back up your Mac? Here's what you need to know, along with our top-rated Apple-friendly drives. (We've tested SSDs and platter-based drives alike.).
If there's one thing you need to remember when dealing with high-tech devices, such as laptops and desktops, is that you should always have a recent backup on hand. While it's true that Macs are as dependable as computers go, no one is protected from their processor overheating, battery dying, files being corrupted by malware, or just a spilled cup of coffee.
External hard drives have been around for decades. First they connected to your computer through USB-A ports and could hold just a few dozen gigabytes. Eventually, they learned to transfer files over WiFi and grew up in size to a few terabytes — becoming de facto the best personal cloud storage available to most people.
Get the best backup app
Keep data safe, whatever hard drive you use. With Get Backup Pro, there's zero chance you lose anything important on Mac.
But with the explosion of smartphones and streaming services, the amount of media data being saved on our devices has greatly exceeded what regular hard drives can offer. Today, most of us need a robust and expendable home cloud storage solution that's able to protect our data seamlessly in the background.
What Is A NAS Hard Drive?
NAS (or network attached storage) in many ways is just the right answer for those who want to upgrade from outdated external hard drives and beginner My Cloud app look-alikes.
A network attached storage device is not only capable of wirelessly storing everything you've ever created (they generally start at about 2 TB) but also divide its capacity between a few people (so every family member could have their own drive, for example), stream media to Apple TV or Bluetooth speakers directly, and act as a central hub for all storage, with all your other hard drives connected to it.
So let's look at the best NAS for Mac on the market in 2021, covering every target audience segment.
Simple: Western Digital My Cloud Home
When you just want to graduate from an external hard drive to a network attached storage for Mac, there's no better candidate than WD My Cloud Home.
Western Digital doesn't even call this network storage a NAS drive but rather addresses it as a personal cloud storage device. Still, My Cloud Home encompasses all the attributes of grownup NAS drives without the price tag. It goes from 2 to 8 TB in storage capacity, can save all your information via WiFi automatically, allows remote access through a My Cloud app, features shared folders as well as individual volumes, and is capable of streaming to Sonos, Google Chromecast, and more — all starting at just $159.99.
Powerful: Western Digital My Cloud Expert Series EX2 Ultra
If you want to combine the ease of use we've all come to expect from WD devices with a power of true NAS storage, take a look at the WD My Cloud Expert series.
The EX2 Ultra is a real NAS drive that could come unpopulated (without hard drives) so you can install your own storage or take up to 28 TB right from the manufacturer. Unlike My Cloud Home, EX2 Ultra introduces RAID (redundant array of independent disks) options that let its two hard drives clone each other and carry the same information for maximum protection.
In addition, WD My Cloud Expert EX2 Ultra is powered by a dual-core processor for ultra-fast streaming and encrypts your hard drive volumes by default.
Affordable: Buffalo LinkStation 220D
In some cases, you might care less about how intuitive your NAS storage is, what you're really after is a cheap NAS with good security built in. That's where you should try Buffalo LinkStation 220D.
While LinkStation 220D might not win any awards for its user-friendliness, it's a straightforward unpopulated NAS for Mac that starts at $119.99 and includes RAID support (with an additional USB-A on the back) as well as drag-and-drop backups.
You could set up a shared folder through Buffalo's Navigator app, but it would be more difficult than you think. Same with getting your iTunes streaming server to work. Overall, good enough for straightforward tasks.
Advanced: Synology DiskStation DS218
Stepping into high-end but still consumer-oriented NAS storage solutions, we can find Synology DiskStation DS218. It comes unpopulated to let you combine your own storage devices and features a Gigabit Ethernet port for connecting to your router as well as three USB-As for any other storage volumes you might be using.
DiskStation DS218 is RAID-enabled and can act as a media server with real-time 4K video transcoding to Apple TV or any other player — all running on a quad-core 1.4 GHz processor. Some would say DiskStation might simply be too much for a casual user, and they will be right. But for some, it's just what they were looking for all along.
Professional: Drobo 5N2
Those who work in the fields of photography, animation, or video production know how much unique data could be worth. From that perspective, Drobo 5N2 is not an expensive device at all, although it starts at about $550 unpopulated.
Drobo 5N2 features five hard drive slots, some of which can be used for RAID and some for actually expanding the NAS storage capacity. Two Gigabit Ethernet ports can be combined into one to provide astonishing transfer speed for the high-end devices that can handle it. This NAS even features its own internal battery for a complete fail-proof setup.
How to properly back up your Mac
Whether you're using NAS or a regular external hard drive for your backup plan, you need to know how to approach backups in a comprehensive manner, so you don't forget any important files.
Get Backup Pro is one of the most versatile backup managers you can find. It instantly connects to your NAS drive and offers incremental backups on a set schedule or cloning options that allow you to reboot your Mac from an external drive should it break. Get Backup Pro's speed and reliability are unparalleled, far exceeding those of Time Machine, for example.
How to recover lost files from an external drive
Mistakes happen and regardless how robust your backup solution is, there would be a moment when you'd accidentally delete a file not backed up anywhere else, be it from your Mac or an external drive. What do you do now?
Disk Drill is master data recovery software that's able to get into the deepest corners of your data volumes and retrieve information that you thought was forever gone. Your best friend here is to act quickly and launch Disk Drill right after you saw a much-needed file disappear — that's why keeping this app in your toolkit at all times is a true secret lifesaver.
How to make the most out of home cloud storage
Nowadays, most of us have already signed up for all the free tiers at all the most popular cloud storage providers: DropBox, Box, OneDrive, Google One, and so on. Some of us even have paid plans. The problem is all of them being scattered in various places and easy to forget.
CloudMounter offers a genius solution to gathering your cloud network storage solutions (from Amazon S3 to Backblaze) in one place by mounting them on your Mac as real hard drives, essentially folders like any other. This provides you with a new world of possibilities when it comes to searching through your files, ensuring proper encryption, and effectively transferring data.
As you can see, picking the best NAS hard drive has a wealth of advantages over using a regular external hard drive. What's better, you can enhance this experience even further by mounting all cloud network storage as local drives with CloudMounter, backing up files securely with Get Backup Pro, and recovering anything that's lost with Disk Drill.
Best of all, CloudMounter, Get Backup Pro, and Disk Drill are available to you absolutely free for seven days through Setapp, a platform of more than 170 outstanding apps for your Mac. And you can try them all today at no cost to see how else you can improve your daily life without any effort on your part.
Meantime, prepare for all the awesome things you can do with Setapp. Shooter ball mac os.Read on
Best Raid Drives For Mac
Are you running short of storage on your Mac and looking for the best hard drive? Mac OS is the powerful operating system in which everything from playing games, watching movies to all types official job is done effortlessly. So it is not strange that you might be short of memory at any time and will be in need of extra storage space. Apple has introduced so many external hard drives for MAC to expand the memory. The options are huge which can make anyone perplexed to decide what to get and what not. We are discussing here the best external hard drives for Mac along with their features and performance.
Ever since computers have hit the consumer market, they have taken the world by storm. Today they are present in almost every household all over the world. As the years passed and technology grew, computers got better and better. Eventually, new operating systems arose but only two prevailed, namely Windows and iOS. While the majority of the consumers opted for Windows desktop machines, the iOS or Mac users have steadily remained extremely loyal due to the exceptional quality and innovation presented by the latter. For decades, the battle between Windows users and Mac users have raged on and there doesn't seem to be an end to their fight.
A Mac computer is very different from a Windows desktop because it is more surgical in its features and application. It provides features that greatly organizes and enhances the way one can experience working on a computer. Over the years, they have kept on innovating and bringing new features to better streamline a Mac user's experience. Unlike a Windows desktop, however, you can't customize the physical parts of a Mac machine. What you buy is what you end up with.
While in a Windows desktop you can increase storage space by simply adding an additional internal hard drive, you can't do that with a Mac. Hence, if you need extra storage capacity, you need to get an external hard drive. At the beginning, the capacity of most external hard drives ranged from 120 GB to 250 GB but today the basic ones start with 1 TB at least. Mac and Windows also use different file systems so you can't just buy any device. Some external drives can be used on Mac but in others, you have to reformat them accordingly.
See also: Top 10 Tools For MAC
List of the best external hard drives for Mac
We have looked at some of the most affordable yet high value external hard drives in the market today for Mac and have come up with the below list.
One of the Best External Hard Drives for Mac
Western Digital My Passport 4TB
Western Digital My Passport comes with WD auto-backup software, password protection via hardware encryption, 4 TB capacity, and USB 3.0 / 2.0 compatible and in a variety of vibrant colors. As far as OS compatibility is concerned you can use the Western Digital My Passport for Man OSX, Windows 10, 8 and 7. The WD backup software allows you to automatically backup your personal files such as pictures, documents, videos and music according to a schedule set according to your specific needs. All you have to do is choose the time and frequency and the software will do the rest.
The built-in 256 bit AES hardware encryption that comes with the bundled software, allows you to keep your personal information and files private and secure. You can even add a 'return-if-found' message and have it pop up as a password prompt if the hard drive ever gets lost. While there is no way to say if this feature is effective in the real world, it does provide a way for you to get it back if lost.
One thing that really sets this product apart from the rest is the unique ridged design. The body looks stylish and sleek as hell. It comes in both a standard finish as well as a metallic finish. We all love to customize our gadgets and My Passport does not disappoint us, as it comes in a variety of dazzling colors such as black, blue, white, black-gray, orange, red, white gold and yellow. It also only weighs about 8.6 ounces making it pretty light to carry around.
With 4 TB of storage capacity, you can store hundreds of movies, songs, thousands of pictures and other files easily for better portability. No matter where you go, you can now take all your favorite content with you and enjoy them by just plugging the device in. Moreover, you also get a 3-year limited warranty with this device making it one of the best options to buy if you are looking for an external hard drive for your Mac.
What makes it the best?
- Automatic backup through the software allows you to schedule the backup process according to the time and frequency you prefer.
- The design looks absolutely stunning with a combination of a smooth surface at the top and an aggressive looking ridge based design at the bottom.
- Comes in a variety of vibrant colors so that you can get the one that best matches your system or laptop.
- It comes at a very attractive price making it a great value product.
- It also comes with a limited 3-year warranty for added protection.
Best Raid Storage SystemSee it on Amazon
One of the Classiest Looking Hard Drives for Mac
G-Technology G-Drive Mobile 4 TB
The G-Technology G-Drive external hard drive comes with 4 TB storage capacity, USB-C compatible and USB-A cable and a USB 3 port. The design looks very traditional yet classy with a sweet metallic silver finish on the aluminum body. The case looks and feels durable ensuring safety for all the stored precious files in the device. The last thing you need is a flimsy external hard drive for all your personal file storage. The stylish, aluminum body goes exceptionally well with Mac computers due to their elegant but simple design. As far as visual compatibility is concerned, the G-Drive is one of the best looking ones out there on the market for Apple computers.
The G-Drive comes with both USB-C and USB-A cables for universal compatibility on Mac computers. The device supports Apple Time Machine as well as Apple File Vault, so you can back up your files more conveniently and faster than ever. Ios apple store. The added layers of protection from passwords and encryption also provide more security for your precious stored data.
It is really lightweight at 8.2 ounces with dimensions of 4.33 x 3.23 x 0.75 inches, making it a breeze to carry around. All in all, this is one great external hard drive to have if you want a device that matches the design of your Mac computer.
What makes it the best?
- The aluminum case not only looks exceptionally great with Mac computers but at the same time, it also helps to keep the hard drive cool under heavy usage.
- The design looks slim and stylish making it not only highly attractive but also very portable.
- The body looks and feels durable and can withstand a limited amount of force after falling down.
- It comes with a limited 3-year warranty for added protection and safety of your precious files.
One of the Best External Hard Drives from Samsung for Mac
Samsung T5 Portable SSD
The Samsung T5 Portable SSD comes with 500 / 1 TB / 2 TB GB storage capacity, an impressive write speed of 540 MB/s, metallic body, optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption, USB Type C to C and USB Type C to A cables and dimensions of 2.3 x 0.4 x 3 inches. The drive comes with a top to bottom metal design and a rounded unibody that will easily fit in your hand. You get to choose from a blue aluminum finish for the 250 GB / 500 GB version or a black finish for the 1 TB / 2 TB models. It also weighs only 2 ounces making it extremely lightweight.
What's pretty awesome about the T5 portable SSD is that it comes with quite a sturdy metal body and can handle drops of up to 2 meters in height. This does not guarantee prevention of any damage but it does have a small buffer for protection. You also get to choose from an optional password protection option if you want. That level of protection along with the AES 256-bit hardware encryption will help you to keep all your files secure.
Since it is an SSD drive you get a higher read/write speed of 540 MB/s which is substantially faster than a traditional external hard drive. The T5 with Samsung V-NAND flash memory and a USB 3.1 gen 2 interface allow you to have a seamless and quick data transfer experience no matter where you are. All you need to do is plug it in and you're good to go. With the added data read/write speed you can transfer 4k videos and high-resolution pictures in a matter of seconds. However, it is important to note that you get the maximum speed of 540 MB/s only if the host device and connection cables support USB 3.1 Gen 2 with the UASP mode enabled.
What makes it the best?
- The blue and black aluminum body looks simple yet stylish for better customization with your laptop or computer.
- The hard drive has a data read/write speed of 540 MB/s which is about 4.9x times the speed of a traditional 500 GB Samsung HDD.
- The shock-resistant metal build of the device allows it to handle drops from up to a maximum of 2 meters.
- It weighs less than 2 ounces, making it one of the most lightweight and smallest external hard drives in the market.
One of the Best Value and Durable External Hard Drives for Mac
The ADATA HD710A comes with a waterproof/ dustproof/ shock-resistant body, 2 TB storage capacity, USB 3.1 port and a groove for keeping the cable. Your external hard drive is a precious device where people keep their most private and useful files. It is extremely important that it is very durable as you don't want to lose all your data from a single accident. It weighs about 7.8 ounces, which is a little more than some of its competitors, but considering the extra durability you get, it's a very insignificant price to pay.
The ADATA HD710A is unique from the rest, as it comes with a waterproof, dustproof and shock resistant body that have military grade toughness that can absorb the damage from falls up to 1.5m. It is designed for people who want a rugged and robust device that won't just break from a small fall. After all, accidents do happen sometimes no matter how careful you are. The device looks stunning with a variety of color options and aggressive ridge designs on the sides. You can choose from a red, blue, black or yellow case according to your personal tastes. The body is treated with triple layers of silicone and plastic to give it extra durability and grip.
The manufacturer has also claimed to have done waterproofing tests by submerging it in 2 meters of water for 60 minutes with the USB port firmly closed which is pretty impressive. The device also comes with G shock vibration technology that instantly stops all activities when it senses a shock. You also get a really cool feature with the groove on the side where you can neatly keep your cable attached when you don't want to use it. All in all, the ADATA HD710A is an amazing, durable external hard drive for your Mac, which will safely and securely protect your precious data.
What makes it the best?
- It has an incredibly durable body that is waterproof, dust proof and shock resistant to properly secure your important data.
- You can choose from different storage options such as 1 TB, 2 TB, 3 TB and 4 TB for Windows, but only 2 TB is available for Mac.
- It comes with a triple-layered protection for its body to add extra durability and comes in a variety of colorful options.
- You also get a convenient groove for keeping your cable neatly attached to the device when you are not using it.
One of the Best Gaming External Hard Drives For Mac
Best Raid Enclosure For Mac
Silicon Power Armor A60
The Silicon Power Armor A60 is a rugged and portable external hard drive that comes with 3 TB storage capacity, military-grade shock-proof body, cable carry design, USB 3.0 and is compatible with Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS4 Pro and PS4 Slim. It's the ultimate external hard drive for your gaming needs. Mac may not be the premier platform on which games are played, but this device is perfect if you own both a Mac and a gaming console. It also weighs only 0.7 pounds making it extremely lightweight to carry around.
The Armor A60 allows you to free up storage space in your consoles and save up to 50 plus Xbox or PS games with the average game size being 35 GB to 50 GB. The hard drive comes with a rugged rubber casing and an internal suspension system that will safeguard your data from crashes and accidental drops. The textured surface not only helps against drops but also to provide an exceptional grip that will prevent the device from slipping. You also don't have to worry about leaving ugly fingerprints on your hard drive. It is also water resistant offering complete protection from water spraying.
With the USB 3.0 (USB 3.1 Gen 1), you can experience incredible read/write speeds to transfer files quickly and with ease. The 3 TB storage space really helps you save lots of data too from your Mac. The Armor A60 comes preformatted with FAT32, but when you are transferring a single file (larger than 4 GB); you need to reformat it to exFAT. However, you need to back up your drive before doing that.
What makes it the best?
- It comes with a textured rubber cased body that can absorb damage from accidental drops and offer great grip.
- It comes with a cable carry design that allows you to neatly manage your cable.
- The body is also made up of military grade, shockproof and water resistant material for incredible durability.
- The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface allows you to transfer large files such as HD videos, and high-resolution pictures insanely quick.
One of the Best Feature Filled External Hard Drives for Mac
LaCie Rugged Mini 1 TB
The LaCie Rugged Mini comes with 1 TB storage capacity, USB 3.0 / USB 2.0, shock, rain and pressure resistant body, built-in password protection and a 1-month complimentary Adobe Creative Cloud membership. Design wise, the LaCie Rugged Mini is perhaps one of the cuter looking external hard drives on the market today. It looks like a traditional rounded rectangular external hard drive with a puffy life jacket on it. Weighing at 0.5 lbs. and with dimensions of 3.5 x 0.98 x 5.5 inches, it is one of the smallest hard drives available for purchase.
The rugged rubber case makes the drive shock and drop resistant, as well as rain and pressure resistant which is a great aspect of this device. According to the manufacturer, you can run it over with a 1-ton car and it still will work. Although it wouldn't be wise to test such a scenario, it does speak volumes about how confident they are about their product. The rain-resistant nature of this device is a really important part because it is something that most of us may have to deal with a lot. Sometimes you go out thinking it won't rain only to find out later that you were very wrong.
The LaCie Rugged Mini is also one of the smallest devices in the rugged family making it very compact and easy to travel with. As far as usability goes, it comes with backward compatibility with USB 2.0 allowing you to use it on different machines. You also get a 1-month membership to Adobe Creative Cloud, giving you access to all their apps. This will allow you to create some amazing content for film, TV or web and share them with the world. Once the 1 month period is over, you can choose to retain the membership by subscribing to your preferred plan.
Feature-wise, the LaCie Rugged Mini comes with automatic backup so that you can set the schedule for backing up your precious data. You can also protect your data by using the inbuilt password protection software. So it provides you external security from its rugged and durable case while providing internal security through the Lacie Private-Public software program. All in all, this is a great product to have if you are looking for a compact but highly durable external hard drive for your Mac.
What makes it the best?Sims 4 base game download mac.
- The rubber case along with the highly durable case allows you to protect your data from rain and accidental drops (up to 1.2m).
- It looks absolutely gorgeous and very different from all the other devices on the market.
- With the LaCie Private-Public software, you can protect your sensitive files from being accessed by unwanted intruders.
- It is also incredibly affordable at a great price considering all the excellent features you get.
Other models worth buying
Hard Drive With Best Security
If you are planning to get the best external hard drive for MAC, Time Capsule is the most reliable, and it comes with 3TB and 2TB storage space. Those who are in need of more MAC hard drive can consider having the 3TB one. Packed with so many interesting features, this Time Capsule is not comparable with any other storage devices. With high-speed wireless connectivity of dual-band 802.11ac wi-fi, this hard drive can make many things done in just 1 minute. The high connectivity allows the users to connect with all types of Apple products and almost 50 users can use it simultaneously. Also, when it comes to security, Time Capsule is the best of all.See It On Amazon
Best Cheap Hard Drive For Mac
Seagate Backup Plus SLIM
If you are looking for MAC external hard drive that is portable and very light in weight, Backup Plus Slim is among the best. It comes in 9.6 mm thickness and weighs about 150 gm. This storage solution is available in 3 options: 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB so you can get the one according to your storage needs. But the sizes and weight are the same for all the versions. The dashboard is the software that is packed with this storage device. This Dashboard is used for downloading photos from various websites. Also, if you need to have additional copies of the downloaded photos, Backup Plus SLIM is the perfect option for that as a backup is very easy on this hard drive.See It On Amazon
Best Performing External Hard Drive
This is the best option for all those who require the drive to be portable. It comes with 500GB and 1TB storage, but it is also available in other storage options. Thunderbolt port is responsible for faster performance. RAID 0 and RAID 1 are other features supported by it to provide maximum performance and greater backup of all files.See It On Amazon
Best Sturdy External Hard Drive
G-Tech G-Drive ev ATC
This hard drive has a powerful design. What made us put it on our list is its superb resiliency. The ATC which stands for ‘All Terrain Case'. It can withstand half a ton in pressure and can survive a fall from two meters. The water and dust resistant case can also be dunked in water for 30 seconds without the hard drive giving in. In fact with the case on, the hard drive will simply float back up to the surface. It has 1TB of storage and a USB 3.0. If you buy it from the Apple Store, it comes with the Thunderbolt interface so that it can be used with the Macs, but if you intend to buy this online, you will get the ordinary USB 3.0 version.See It On Amazon
Best Cheap And Robust External Hard Drive For Mac
ioSafe Solo G3
Best Raid Drives For Mac
The G3 is one of the heaviest hard drives that I have come across. It comes with layers and layers of protection to ensure that the hard drive can survive extreme conditions without any problems. When I say extreme conditions I am talking about surviving up to 1550 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes and being submerged in up to 10 feet water for 3 days.
The Solo G3 is a quiet strong device so you will not have to deal with a lot of noise or humming in the background while using this hard drive. But where the company has spent a lot on protecting the hard drive from external damage, there isn't much that has been done to protect it from internal failure. Meaning, if the Solo G3 fails because of mechanical defects or general wear and tear then there isn't much that you may be able to do about the data that is lost.See It On Amazon
The Bottom Line
In the above list, you can see a wide variety of options available to you as a consumer in the external hard drive market today. Choosing the right hard drive for your Mac requires a number of different key aspects such as ease of use, affordability, durability and functionality. One of the most important factors when looking for an external hard drive for a Mac is durability. Your hard drive is a place where you store all your important data and you do not want it to get wiped away just because it fell down once.
There are a lot of devices on the market today that comes with a low-quality case. Do not by any means purchase them. They might be very cheap, but it won't be worth it when you lose all your important data in the blink of an eye. Get one that is dust, water and shockproof to ensure the longevity of your device. They won't be able to protect your data from a two storey fall but they can sufficiently save your files in cases of small drops. Most of the durable ones offer protection for drops up to 1.2 m.
The next crucial factor you need to look for is functionality which includes features. It would be wiser to go for an external hard drive that has password protection so you can get both external as well as internal security for your files. Last but not the least is the cost of the device. Some offer tons of cool features but are expensive whereas others offer fewer features for a lower cost. With a little bit of research online, you can find the right storage device for you in no time at all.
TerraMaster D5-300 USB3.1 (Gen1) Type C 5-Bay External Hard Drive Enclosure Support RAID 0
RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, Clone, JBOD, Single Disk Hard Disk RAID Storage (Diskless)
Various applications. Great for video editing, photo backup, storage of R&D technical documents, archival backup, music libraries, financial records, storage of video surveillance recordings and corporate data storage. Featuring an aluminum-alloy shell and low-noise fans, D5-300 is extremely solid and reliable with good heat dissipation capabilities and low noise production.
- Up to 90TB storage capacity. D5-300 can support five (5) SATA hard drives, is compatible with 18TB 3.5 inch SATA hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 90TB ( in RAID0). Compatible with various hard drives including 3.5' SATA hard drives, 2.5' SATA hard drives and SSD. (Note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. HDD's are not included.)
- Supports multiple RAID modes: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 10, CLONE, JBOD, and Single Disk. RAID 5 is recommended as the best option for D5-300, which balances between data security and storage capacity. (For stable performance, the WD Reds and the Seagate IronWolfs are recommended.)
- D5-300 is equipped with brand new USB 3.1(Gen1) type-C high-speed interface and compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux computers, and also works with the computers possessing the Thunderbolt 3 interface.
- Relying on the USB 3.1 Gen1 super speed protocol, the D5-300s transmission speeds can reach up to 220MB/s (Tested with Seagate IronWolf 4TB RAID 0).
Up to 90tb storage capacity. d5-300 can support five (5) sata hard drives, is compatible with 18tb 3.5 inch sata hard drive, and has a total storage capacity up to 90tb ( in raid0). compatible with various hard drives including 3.5' sata hard drives, 2.5' sata hard drives and ssd. (note: users need to purchase their own hard drives. hdd's are not included.) D5-300 is equipped with brand new usb 3.1(gen1) type-c high-speed interface and compatible with mac, windows and linux computers, and also works with the computers possessing the thunderbolt 3 interface. Supports multiple raid modes: raid 0, raid 1, raid 5, raid 10, clone, jbod, and single disk. raid 5 is recommended as the best option for d5-300, which balances between data security and storage capacity. (for stable performance, the wd reds and the seagate ironwolfs are recommended.) Relying on the usb 3.1 gen1 super speed protocol, the d5-300s transmission speeds can reach up to 220mb/s (tested with seagate ironwolf 4tb raid 0).
ORICO 5 Bay USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure Support 80TB
2.5/3.5 inch HDD SSD Enclosure Built-in 150W Power/Dual Chip for Enterprise Server Expansion (Support RAID)
Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Body & Double Heat Dissipation: The 5 Bay Raid Enclosure Features an Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Shell and Fan, good in heat dissipation, up to 4mm thickness which is firm and reliable, The Forced Convection Process helps speed up the air circulation and heat ventilation to effectively cool the drive and whole system for stable operation and an extended lifespan.
- Dual-Core Chip & Strong 150W Internal Power Supply: Built-in JMicron JMS578+JMB394 & SATA3.0 6Gb/s Dual-Core chip, Support UASP protocol and powerful 150W power supply to support larger capacity hard drives, provide sufficient power to ensure the Data storage and Transferring's Safety and Stability.
- 5 Bay Raid Enclosure with 80TB Large Capacity: 5 Bay External Hard Drive Raid Enclosure, Independent BRACKET for each drive, Fix 2.5/3.5 inch SATA HDD SSD hard drives through screws, Solid and Stable, Total capacity up to 80TB (5 x 16TB) (Diskless), Suitable for Enterprise server expansion, Game development data storage, Security Camera System multi video storage (Not NAS function)
- Univeral Compatiblility & Support RAID Mode: The 5 Bay External Hard Drive Raid Enclosure support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD/ClONE/Normal RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements, and Compatible with Windows XP/ 7/ 8 /8.1/ 10/ VISTA/ Linux/ Mac 9.1/10.2 or higher, ORICO provides 36 months worry free serveice and lifetime technical support.
- Super Speed USB3.0 Transfer Speed up to 5Gbps: This 5 bay Hard Drive Raid Enclosure supports all 2.5/3.5 inch SATA (I / II / III) HDD SSD hard disks, USB3.0 to SATA high-speed transmission, speed up to 5Gb/s, also can backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1
Dual-core chip & strong 150w internal power supply: built-in jmicron jms578+jmb394 & sata3.0 6gb/s dual-core chip, support uasp protocol and powerful 150w power supply to support larger capacity hard drives, provide sufficient power to ensure the data storage and transferring's safety and stability. Univeral compatiblility & support raid mode: the 5 bay external hard drive raid enclosure support raid 0/1/3/5/10/jbod/clone/normal raid mode which can meets different work requirements, and compatible with windows xp/ 7/ 8 /8.1/ 10/ vista/ linux/ mac 9.1/10.2 or higher, orico provides 36 months worry free serveice and lifetime technical support. Super speed usb3.0 transfer speed up to 5gbps: this 5 bay hard drive raid enclosure supports all 2.5/3.5 inch sata (i / ii / iii) hdd ssd hard disks, usb3.0 to sata high-speed transmission, speed up to 5gb/s, also can backward compatible with usb 2.0 / 1.1 5 bay raid enclosure with 80tb large capacity: 5 bay external hard drive raid enclosure, independent bracket for each drive, fix 2.5/3.5 inch sata hdd ssd hard drives through screws, solid and stable, total capacity up to 80tb (5 x 16tb) (diskless), suitable for enterprise server expansion, game development data storage, security camera system multi video storage (not nas function)
ORICO 4 Bay USB 3.0 to SATA External Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5 inch HDD Support 64TB (4 x 16TB) Aluminum Alloy RAID Enclosure Support RAID Mode Storage
Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Body & Double Heat Dissipation: The 4 Bay Raid Enclosure Features an Unibody Aluminum-Alloy Shell and Fan, good in heat dissipation, up to 4mm thickness which is firm and reliable, The Forced Convection Process helps speed up the air circulation and heat ventilation to effectively cool the drive and whole system for stable operation and an extended lifespan.
- Dual-Core Chip & 150W Internal Power Supply: Built-in JMS567+JMB575 SATA3.0 Dual-Core chip, and Upgrade the 150W power supply to support larger capacity hard drives, provide sufficient power to ensure the Data storage and Transferring's Safety and Stability, Independent safety lock for each drive, Protect your hard drive with care.
- Super Speed USB3.0 Transfer Speed up to 5Gbps: This 4 bay hard drive enclosure supports all 3.5' SATA (I / II / III) hard disks, USB3.0 to SATA3.0 dual high-speed transmission, UASP acceleration protocol, speed up to 5Gb/s, backward compatible with USB 2.0 / 1.1, Activity LED indicator disk access status.
- 4 Bay Raid Enclosure with 64TB Large Capacity: 4 Bay External Hard Drive Storage Enclosure, Support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/jbod/Single Exclusive RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements. and Compatible 3.5 inch SATA HDD hard drive, Supports up to 4 x 16TB hard drive, Total capacity up to 64TB.
Super speed usb3.0 transfer speed up to 5gbps: this 4 bay hard drive enclosure supports all 3.5' sata (i / ii / iii) hard disks, usb3.0 to sata3.0 dual high-speed transmission, uasp acceleration protocol, speed up to 5gb/s, backward compatible with usb 2.0 / 1.1, activity led indicator disk access status. dual-core chip & 150w internal power supply: built-in jms567+jmb575 sata3.0 dual-core chip, and upgrade the 150w power supply to support larger capacity hard drives, provide sufficient power to ensure the data storage and transferring's safety and stability, independent safety lock for each drive, protect your hard drive with care. 4 bay raid enclosure with 64tb large capacity: 4 bay external hard drive storage enclosure, support raid 0/1/3/5/10/jbod/single exclusive raid mode which can meets different work requirements. and compatible 3.5 inch sata hdd hard drive, supports up to 4 x 16tb hard drive, total capacity up to 64tb.
ORICO 5Bay External Raid Hard Drive Enclosure Magnetic Aluminum USB3.0 to SATA for 3.5inch HDD Tool Free Storage Case Support 7 RAID Modes Up to 80TB(5X16TB)
7 RAID MODES -- The ORICO 5 bay raid enclosure equipped with raid function for the various uses. The 5 bay external hard drive enclosure can support raid 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD/Clone and normal raid to allow users to adjust and set up by dialing combination according to your needs.
- 12 MONTH QUALITY ASSURANCE WITH LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT - All ORICO products purchased through Amazon include an 12-month quality assurance and lifetime technical support. If for any reason, you are dissatisfied with the product, just let us know and we promise to make it right.
- LARGE CAPACITY -- Every single disk of the 3.5 usb raid enclosure can reach up to 16TB, altogether 80TB larger capacity for the enterprises big data backup and storage, also a good choice for nas expansion. The 3.5inch sata enclosure can support 3.5inch HDD and 2.5inch SSD/HDD with a bracket.
- GOOD HEAT DISSIPATION PERFORMANCE -- A 92mm cooling fan built in the usb drive enclosure with honeycomb dissipation holes at the back of the 3.5 hdd enclosure, and the aluminum alloy material made the whole 5 bay external raid enclosure can helps to accelerate the flowing wind and heat dissiapation for prolong the service life of the hard drive.
- QUALITY CHIP CONTROL -- The 5 bay usb enclosure adopts JMS567+JMB394+ASM1542 high quality chip, which has both transmission performance for fast 5Gbps and stability and can carry the huge data interaction of the enterprise, reduce the delay.
Large capacity -- every single disk of the 3.5 usb raid enclosure can reach up to 16tb, altogether 80tb larger capacity for the enterprises big data backup and storage, also a good choice for nas expansion. the 3.5inch sata enclosure can support 3.5inch hdd and 2.5inch ssd/hdd with a bracket. 12 month quality assurance with lifetime technical support - all orico products purchased through amazon include an 12-month quality assurance and lifetime technical support. if for any reason, you are dissatisfied with the product, just let us know and we promise to make it right. Quality chip control -- the 5 bay usb enclosure adopts jms567+jmb394+asm1542 high quality chip, which has both transmission performance for fast 5gbps and stability and can carry the huge data interaction of the enterprise, reduce the delay. Good heat dissipation performance -- a 92mm cooling fan built in the usb drive enclosure with honeycomb dissipation holes at the back of the 3.5 hdd enclosure, and the aluminum alloy material made the whole 5 bay external raid enclosure can helps to accelerate the flowing wind and heat dissiapation for prolong the service life of the hard drive.
Syba 5 Bay Tool Less Tray Hot Swappable 2.5' and 3.5' SATA III RAID Hard Drive HDD External USB 3.0 Enclosure Windows MacOS Support
East interface requires port Multiplier w/FIS-based switching on main computer to enable access to multiple HDDs simultaneously
- Raid support: RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 3, RAID 5, RAID 10, span, and JBOD
- Supports all brands of 2.5' And 3.5' Sate I/II/III hard disk Drive up to 10TB per drive up to 5 x 10TB. Support hard drive transfer rate up to SATA III
Supports all brands of 2.5' and 3.5' sate i/ii/iii hard disk drive up to 10tb per drive up to 5 x 10tb. support hard drive transfer rate up to sata iii Raid support: raid 0, raid 1, raid 3, raid 5, raid 10, span, and jbod
ORICO 4 Bay RAID Hard Drive Enclosure 3.5inch Type-C to SATA Aluminum External HDD/SSD Storage Drive Enclosure Screw Installtion Data Safe Protection for Enterprise Backup Up to 64TB(4x16)
[Great Heat Dissipation Performance] - Designed with a built-in cooling fan and honeycomb heat dissipation holes on the front and back cover of the 4 bay usb external hard drive enclosure, made by all aluminum alloy enclosure and allows the heat generated in the use to be accelerated by the flowing wind for the great ventilation performance.
Raid External Storage
- [Fast Transmission Rate] - The external hard drive enclosure adopts JMS567+JMB394+ASM1542 master control scheme, and set with SATA3.0 interface also support UASP acceleration protocol, the data transfer rate of the sata 3 enclosure can reach up to 5Gbps with the A to C data cable, which can effectively improve the rate by about 20% than USB2.0.
- [Support RAID Mode] - The raid bay external hard drive raid enclosure support RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD/ClONE/Normal RAID Mode which can meets different work requirements, and enlarge the ways of working habits. With back cover RAID Set and built-in RAID software management, you can choose the way you convenient. Please operation follow the page description and user manual of the usbc raid bay enclosure.
- [Screw Installation] - You need to loosen the cover screws and the bracket screws when install your hard drive in the drive bay enclosure. Multi protection for the hard drive and the data safety, flexible the open and install way of the 4 bay external hard drive enclosure, ensure the data in a safe environment.
- [16TB Larger Capacity] - WS series drive bay enclosure can support all 3.5inch sata hard disks under less than or equal to 16TB HDD, altogether 64TB large capacity for hard drive expansion, maximize to meet your data storage and backup demand. The 3.5inch drive enclosure also a good choice for nas expansion or the data protector in big enterprise.
External Hard Drives Raid
[support raid mode] - the raid bay external hard drive raid enclosure support raid 0/1/3/5/10/jbod/clone/normal raid mode which can meets different work requirements, and enlarge the ways of working habits. with back cover raid set and built-in raid software management, you can choose the way you convenient. please operation follow the page description and user manual of the usbc raid bay enclosure. [screw installation] - you need to loosen the cover screws and the bracket screws when install your hard drive in the drive bay enclosure. multi protection for the hard drive and the data safety, flexible the open and install way of the 4 bay external hard drive enclosure, ensure the data in a safe environment. [16tb larger capacity] - ws series drive bay enclosure can support all 3.5inch sata hard disks under less than or equal to 16tb hdd, altogether 64tb large capacity for hard drive expansion, maximize to meet your data storage and backup demand. the 3.5inch drive enclosure also a good choice for nas expansion or the data protector in big enterprise. [fast transmission rate] - the external hard drive enclosure adopts jms567+jmb394+asm1542 master control scheme, and set with sata3.0 interface also support uasp acceleration protocol, the data transfer rate of the sata 3 enclosure can reach up to 5gbps with the a to c data cable, which can effectively improve the rate by about 20% than usb2.0.
Yottamaster Aluminum Alloy 5 Bay USB3.0 2.5'/3.5' External Hard Drive RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5 Inch SATA HDD Support 5 x 16TB & UASP
Ideal for Personal Storage at Home&Office- [PS500RU3]
For 2,5/3,5-inch Hard DrivesIt comes with five removeable trays, allowing for easy installation and replacement of either the large desktop hard disk drives or the portable laptop drives and SSD's. Note: Spare trays are sold separately in a set of six trays, extra screws are provided, Get it at ASIN:B083S8VDQK. Five indicator lights help you to monitor the working status of your hard drives whenever.
- Flexible RAID for Customized Work NeedIt supports RAID 0/1/3/5/10/JBOD(SPAN)/CLONE RAID modes. You can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable RAID configuration. You can choose hardware RAID for easy set without downloading application, or you can use Software RAID to set/manage RAID modes. It is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio.
- 5Gbps Transfer RateThis 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt USB3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5Gbps (MAX). Equipped with a versatile USB3.0 Type-B interface to connect other peripheral devices. Compatible with most Windows, Mac and Linux systems.
- 80mm Silent Fan InsideThe 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. It is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
Flexible raid for customized work needit supports raid 0/1/3/5/10/jbod(span)/clone raid modes. you can optimize/simplify your workflow by chosing suitable raid configuration. you can choose hardware raid for easy set without downloading application, or you can use software raid to set/manage raid modes. it is the ultimate storage solution for demanding video workflows on location and in the studio. 5gbps transfer ratethis 5 bay hdd enclosure adopt usb3.0 protocol, transfer rate up to 5gbps (max). equipped with a versatile usb3.0 type-b interface to connect other peripheral devices. compatible with most windows, mac and linux systems. 80mm silent fan insidethe 5 bay enclosure built with rugged heat-dissipating aluminum shell, front and rear with cooling holes, a 80mm silent fan inside can effectively accelerate air convection and rapid cooling. it is ideal for noise-sensitive environments.
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad RAID 5 Four-Bay External Storage Enclosure
Four universal drive bays for 2.5' and 3.5' drives
- SoftRAID engine included
- Featuring SoftRAID XT. Add your own drives!
- Works with all USB systems, Thunderbolt 3 compatible
Featuring softraid xt. add your own drives! Works with all usb systems, thunderbolt 3 compatible Softraid engine included
Yottamaster 2 Bay RAID External Hard Drive Enclosure 2.5' 3.5' USB3.0 to SATA HDD SSD Enclosure
Support 32TB & RAID 0/1/JBOD/Clone/PM RAID Mode Hard Drive RAID Storage for Video Photo Backup[FS2RU3]
For 2.5'/3.5' HDD & SSDYottamaster 2 bay hdd enclosure designed for both 2.5' SSDs where speed is the priority and for 3.5' HDDs when it's important to maximize the storage capacity. Such as WD Red hard drives.The removable aluminum trays allow for easy installation and replacement of the drives.Your hard drives can be firmly fixed on the tray by provided screws,which can effectively protect your hdds from shock and interface damage.
- Transportable, Flexible Storage SolutionA transportable 2 bay hard drive enclosure hardware RAID solution with SATAIII 6Gbps offering content creators large capacity and high-powered performance.Supports RAID 0/1/JBOD / CLONE/PM RAID modes; Featuring a versatile USB 3.0 Type-B interface to meet the needs of the flexible storage.
- 6Gbps Transfer RateThis 2 bay hard drive enclosure adopt SATA III protocol,with a transfer speed up to 5Gbps(MAX) .Support UASP, which makes it 20% faster than conventional USB 3.0.Compatible with most Windows and Mac systems.Provide flexible storage for demanding workflows.
- 32TB Enterprise-class Storage CapacityThis 2 bay hard drive Case supports 2 hard drives(2.5'/3.5') with a maximum capacity of 32 TB and 16 TB for single disk. With two indicator lights to monitor the operating status of each hard drive. Plug-and-play hot swapping. Manage media from multiple cameras on location or in the studio with up to 32TB of RAID storage in one system.
- 40mm Silent Fan InsideThe 2 Bay USB 3.0 SATA hard drive enclosure is all Aluminum design. With front and rear cooling holes. An ultra durable aluminum enclosure provides efficient heat dissipation, plus an extra 40mm rear fan accelerate air convection and keeps your drives cool during long hours of operation. Meanwhile supported 10mins Intelligent Sleep(Note: The Auto-sleep time can be adjusted/canceled.)
Transportable, flexible storage solutiona transportable 2 bay hard drive enclosure hardware raid solution with sataiii 6gbps offering content creators large capacity and high-powered performance.supports raid 0/1/jbod / clone/pm raid modes; featuring a versatile usb 3.0 type-b interface to meet the needs of the flexible storage. 32tb enterprise-class storage capacitythis 2 bay hard drive case supports 2 hard drives(2.5'/3.5') with a maximum capacity of 32 tb and 16 tb for single disk. with two indicator lights to monitor the operating status of each hard drive. plug-and-play hot swapping. manage media from multiple cameras on location or in the studio with up to 32tb of raid storage in one system. 6gbps transfer ratethis 2 bay hard drive enclosure adopt sata iii protocol,with a transfer speed up to 5gbps(max) .support uasp, which makes it 20% faster than conventional usb 3.0.compatible with most windows and mac systems.provide flexible storage for demanding workflows. 40mm silent fan insidethe 2 bay usb 3.0 sata hard drive enclosure is all aluminum design. with front and rear cooling holes. an ultra durable aluminum enclosure provides efficient heat dissipation, plus an extra 40mm rear fan accelerate air convection and keeps your drives cool during long hours of operation. meanwhile supported 10mins intelligent sleep(note: the auto-sleep time can be adjusted/canceled.)
Oyen Digital MiniPro RAID V3 USB-C External Dual Bay Drive Enclosure
Supports two 2.5-inch SATA drives (HDD or SSD) up to 15mm height
- Interface: USB-C (Compatible with USB 3.1 and Thunderbolt 3). It is not compatible with Thunderbolt 2 or earlier.
- Configurable for JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, & BIG modes. No software required.
- Bus-powered or external adapter power (included)
Bus-powered or external adapter power (included) Interface: usb-c (compatible with usb 3.1 and thunderbolt 3). it is not compatible with thunderbolt 2 or earlier. Configurable for jbod, raid 0, raid 1, & big modes. no software required.