- How Do I Backup Icloud To An External Drive
- Cloud Hard Drive Backup
- Icloud Drive For Windows 10
- Backup Icloud To External Hard Drive Machine
- How Do I Backup My Iphone To An External Hard Drive Mac
Read time 6 min
How to Backup Photos on Mac in 2021: iCloud vs External HDD. Losing irreplaceable photos can turn a bad situation into a disaster if your Mac happens to die.
If you are looking for instructions on how to archive Apple Mail emails to external hard drives, then you are on the right spot. In this write up, you will get all the necessary information regarding backing up your Apple Mail data on external storage devices like USB flash drives, hard disks, etc.
- Prepare a hard drive for backup. Open Disk Utility, select your external drive, and choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for the Format. Launch Time Machine. Now, in System Preferences, click Time Machine. Select a Backup Disk. Click the Select Backup Disk button in Time Machine.
- It is available for pc users to directly backup iCloud photos to USB and other drives by iCloud desktop application. First, insert your external hard drive, like USB, change the iCloud download file location to the folder of the external hard drive, then iCloud photos will directly back up to the external hard drive.
How Do I Backup Icloud To An External Drive
You must note that in order to move Apple Mail data to external hard drive, first you have to export its emails to an MBOX file which then can be transferred to any destination drive either external or internal. Fortunately, Apple Mail facilitates a direct approach to export its data to an MBOX file. It should also be noted that MBOX files are not supposed to be opened up by every application specifically Outlook; therefore if you want your Apple Mail data to be converted and saved in PST format, you have to choose a reliable converter tool to convert the resultant MBOX file to PST format and then save it to an external hard drive. We will also highlight an efficient tool for such conversions later in this section.
Download Kernel for MBOX to PST Converter tool to backup Apple Mail emails to an external hard drive with ease.
Now, keeping aside the fact that it is possible to backup Apple Mail emails to external Hard Drive, the main question here is how to do that and most importantly why users require moving their emails to external storages?
Well, here are some common reasons for why a user needs to save their Apple Mail data on external drives.
Reasons of Archiving Apple Mail Data to External Hard Drives
Cloud Hard Drive Backup
Icloud Drive For Windows 10
Backing up emails is a much needed task for both professional and individual users. Many times emails get affected by virus infections and unauthorized accesses; in such scenarios you backed up data is the only hope left for you. However, there are various other advantages for keeping your emails on external devices. Some of them are briefly listed below:
- Retrieving data from backup is much cheaper and convenient than using other data recovery means.
- In case your email account gets hacked, you will lose all your important data from your email platform. In such case a backed up USB flash drive will help you getting back all your lost data.
- Email platforms whether web or desktop application have limited storage capacity; so, moving your data to an external hard drive will optimize the memory space of your respective email clients.
- Saving your important data on portable hard drives ensures protection from external threats and physical damages.
Now, we will go through the actual procedure of moving your Apple Mail data to external hard drives. You can perform the migration manually via the client itself.
Backup Icloud To External Hard Drive Machine
Manual Method to Export Emails from Apple Mail to an External Hard Drive:
- Launch Apple Mail on your Mac machine.
- Select the mailbox folder you wish to export.
- Then, click Mailbox from the menu bar options.
- Select Export Mailbox… option from the list.
- Now, choose to select a destination drive to save the required MBOX file and click the Choose button.
Upon execution of the above steps, your selected data gets successfully exported to the specified location. However, this native method has limitations in terms of usability and platform of the data. Suppose you have to move the exported data from the external storage to a Windows system. Knowing the fact that you have to install an email client that supports MBOX format to access those files, you will opt. to applications that might not treat the MBOX file same as it was treated by the source client. However, professional email clients like Outlook does not support MBOX format. In such scenarios, you will have to convert MBOX files to PST format to access your data in MS Outlook. The most recommended way to sort out this issue is to use a reliable converter tool to convert the resultant MBOX file to PST format.
Now with so much of resources available online, it’s hard to find the exact tool that satisfies your requirements. Well, you don’t really have to indulge yourself in this long quest of Internet search to get the right one. We recommend Kernel for MBOX to PST converter for your conversion tasks.
Kernel for MBOX to PST is well built tool embedded with robust algorithms that helps users convert their MBOX files to PST format with ease. This tool also facilitates conversion of MBOX files to DBX, MSG, EML and other file formats. You just have to download and install the software on your machine to get started.
The home page allows users to select the required MBOX files from their local directories, load them, view the detailed content of each mailbox folder, and save to the desired format.
Whether you are a professional or an individual user, creating a backup for your important emails will have significant advantages over time. Mac users are always looking for diverse methods to protect their data. Therefore, in this blog we have covered all necessary information on how to create backup of Apple Mail emails on external hard drives.
How Do I Backup My Iphone To An External Hard Drive Mac
“It is a simple software to migrate MBOX files to Outlook. From Apple Mail, you can export emails to an MBOX file, convert the MBOX files to PST using this tool, and then import the PST files to Outlook. Thus, it helps you migrate emails from Mac to Windows.”
El Salvador, Central America
“Migrating MBOX files (of any email client) to Outlook PST is a tedious task, but this tool makes it easy. Many of my friends are using it on my recommendation. It supports Apple Mail and many other MBOX email clients.”