3CX is an Android Communication app developed by 3CX and published on the Google play store. It has gained around 100000 installs so far, with an average rating of 3.0 out of 5 in the play store.
3CX requires Android with an OS version of 4.1 and up. In addition, the app has a content rating of Everyone, from which you can decide if it is suitable to install for family, kids, or adult users. 3CX is an Android app and cannot be installed on Windows PC or MAC directly.
- When setting up the extension, the extension options include the choice for the number to be passed to the 3CX Web Client or 3CX Desktop App for Windows. Additionally, included within the settings is an ‘Exclusion list’ where you can set specific URLs in which you do not want the numbers to be ‘hyperlinked’.
- Press the “Updates” dropdown and select “3CX clients”. A new update will be displayed. Select the update named “MacOS” and press “download selected”.
Press the “Updates” dropdown and select “3CX clients”. A new update will be displayed. Select the update named “MacOS” and press “download selected”. 3CX Server will download this Mac OS client update and push it to your users.
Android Emulator is a software application that enables you to run Android apps and games on a PC by emulating Android OS. There are many free Android emulators available on the internet. However, emulators consume many system resources to emulate an OS and run apps on it. So it is advised that you check the minimum and required system requirements of an Android emulator before you download and install it on your PC.
Below you will find how to install and run 3CX on PC:
- Firstly, download and install an Android emulator to your PC
- Download 3CX APK to your PC
- Open 3CX APK using the emulator or drag and drop the APK file into the emulator to install the app.
- If you do not want to download the APK file, you can install 3CX PC by connecting your Google account with the emulator and downloading the app from the play store directly.
If you follow the above steps correctly, you should have the 3CX ready to run on your Windows PC or MAC. In addition, you can check the minimum system requirements of the emulator on the official website before installing it. This way, you can avoid any system-related technical issues.
On this topic
The 3CX Client for Windows allows you to manage and oversee telephone calls directly from your computer and subsequently allows the user to work remotely from anywhere. The 3CX Client for Windows boosts multiple features and provides the user the ability to namely; launch and transfer calls, create audio and video conferences, view the availability of colleagues within their organisation, and of course, work remotely.
The 3CX Client for Windows can be acquired through its straight forward installation and configuration process. Follow the installation and configuration instructions set out below to get the 3CX Client for Windows up and running:
The 3CX Client for Windows is supported on the following Windows (64-bit) versions:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- Microsoft .Net 4.5.2
- Microsoft Visual C++
3cx For Mac Download Windows 10
Installing and Configuringthe 3CX Client for Windows
- Download the latest version of the 3CX Client for Windows.
- Open the Setup Wizard to begin the installation.
- Select the option “I accept the terms in the Licence Agreement” to proceed.
- Leave the default installation path, click “Next”and then “Install.”
- A message will appear informing you that the installation has been successful. To configure the client, double-click on the configuration file attached to the 3CX Welcome Email (please refer to note)or drag and drop the configuration file into the 3CX Client.
- Once configuration is complete the Available status on the left upper corner of the Client and On Hook in the dial screen will be activated and the 3CX Client for Windows will be ready for use.
Note:The 3CX Welcome Email was sent to you when your extension was created. If you cannot find it, please ask your administrator to resend it.
Getting Started with the 3CX Client for Windows
Following the configuration completion, your client will start in either Softphone mode or CTI mode:
- Softphone Mode (no IP Phone required): Make and receive calls on your computer without the use of a designated IP Phone.
- CTI Mode(an IP Phone is required):Deskphone calls can be manageddirectly from your desktop using the Client. You can make and receive calls on your deskphone as well as remotely initiate, transfer and create conference calls.
If you have an IP Phone, then you will be able to toggle between the two modes. To change between the two modes click the icons highlighted in the images above and choose the desired mode.
When switching to CTI mode, if the message below appears, contact your administrator.
Once the installation and provisioning is completed you can personalize your 3CX Client by clicking on the Settings icon. In this section, you can set your forwarding rules, audio and video options or even change your theme.
- Call Forwarding: Configure your forwarding rules. For more information and details read the Forwarding Rules chapter.
- Configure Accounts: Configure multiple accounts and select which extension to use. From this option, you can activate other accounts if you have more than one provision allocated. To switch accounts, select the appropriate box. Double click on the account in order to access the account details and go to Advanced Settings.IMPORTANT: Do not modify these settings unless you are advised to do so by your administrator.
- Recordings: Avoid miscommunication by recording a conversation or conference call and manage your recordings efficiently. For more information, read the Recording chapter.
- Audio Options:From here you can specify your Audio options and devices. Usually the default settings are already optimized, however if amendments are required, they can be done via the Audio Options and Audio Devices tabs:
- Audio Options provides you with 3 options:
- Echo cancellation: When enabled, it will minimize any echo heard during calls
- Silence Detection: When enabled, 3CX client will conserve bandwidth by not sending data when detecting silence. This might impede quality when enabled.
- Microphone Gain: If the other party cannot hear you clearly, you can increase your microphone gain to amplify the volume of your voice.
- Audio Devices are set by default to “Primary Sound Driver.”
- Microphone: Select the microphone from which the 3CX Client will receive the audio.
- Speaker: Select the device you will be using to hear.
- Ringing: Select the destination from which you will hear the 3CX Client ringing.
- Video Options: From here you can specify your Video preferences and devices.
- Enable Video: Select whether you want the video to be enabled or not.
- Video Resolution: Select from the drop down menu the optimal resolution for your video.
- Frames per sec: Select from the drop down menu how many frames per second you would like to record.
- Bandwidth:You can select the desired bandwidth usage regardless of the frames per sec. This will solve all issues arising when increasing your frame rate. Automatically the bandwidth used by Video increases as does the load placed on your Internet connection. Even if your camera supports a high frame rate, your connection speed may prevent you from sending or receiving video at a high frame rate.
- Video Devices: Select which camera you want to use in case you have more than one installed.
- Hot Keys: The Hot Key functionality allows you to use pre-defined keyboard shortcuts for controlling your 3CX Client. How cool would be to be able to answer your phone just by pressing Alt + A on your keyboard? For more information on how to use and set up this functionality read our Making Calls Using Hot Keys chapter.
- Advanced Settings: From here you are prompted to:
- Behavior: Gives you 3 additional features:
- Focus: If enabled, the 3CX Client will pop up in front of whatever application you are using when an incoming call is received.
- Transfers using Drag and Drop: You can select the default transfer method when you Drag and Drop an active call.
- External Application: This option is used to enable and control communication between the 3CX Client and 3rd party applications. Find out more on 3CX Application Partners.
- Language: Select one of the 18 languages in which your 3CX Client interface will be displayed. The application must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
- Auto Answer: When enabled the incoming calls will be automatically answered by the client. This is available only in Softphone mode.
- Integration: CRM Integration gives you the ability to use your CRM system seamlessly with the 3CX Client. There’s no need to have your 3CX Client and CRM system running simultaneously. We have more than 10 application integrations available right now with many more to follow. Find out more on how to enable and use this functionality here.
- About: Find out which version is being used.
- Themes: There are a variety of themes to select from; from black, white, 3CX grey and default,moreover, you can also“Set your Custom Image (270x80 pixels)” to appear on your client. The image will be automatically resized.
- Re-register: If your client is having difficulties connecting to your PBX or is not registering, you can select this option to automatically re-provision the 3CX Client.
- Resend Credentials: This option is useful in case you cannot find the original Welcome Email and you want to retrieve information such as your voicemail number, PIN or other useful information provided within the e-mail.
- Import Contacts: How to import contacts from integrated accounts such Office 365 or Google. Read the Using the phonebook chapter for more details and information.
- Exit Client
Efficiency is a key ingredient required for any organisation’s smooth operation. The 3CX Client for Windows’ quick menu contains all the necessary shortcuts of the mostly used features. The available features included cannot be changed nor modified:
All of the above features are extensively covered in the “Settings” section of this document, or in the respective chapters of the User Manual.
Did you find this article useful?
- 3CX Web ClientThe 3CX web client gives you easy access to all features of 3CX, including Presence, Video conferencing, chat and the switchboard. It also allows you ...
- How to Add 3CX Desktop ShortcutStep 1.Go to the webclient page in your browser. Then, in Chrome, click the three dots on top right and choose 'More tools' then choose 'Add to deskto...
- Deleting Old 3CX Server VoicemailsHow to clear 3CX Voicemails from the Server: Confirm the name of the server and password for the server you’re trying to reach via our Nexus ...