In this post, we’ve put together a collection of the Best 2TB SSD External Hard Drives available on the market. To make your choice easier, we constantly update our collection with new and trending models. When you make any purchase from our independently chosen collection, we may earn some commission without adding additional cost to you.
Our Top Picks
Disassembly of Mac Mini 2014, changing the dead Fusion drive (consisting of 128GB Apple SSD and 1TB Hard Drive).TCSUNBOW SSD 1TB: https://geni.us/tcsunbow1tb. INDMEM SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 3D TLC NAND Flash Hard Drive Disk 2T Replacement for Mid 2013-2017 MacBook Air, Late 2013-Mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Late 2013-2017 iMac, 2013 Mac Pro, 2014 Mac Mini. 4.5 out of 5 stars. INDMEM SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 3D TLC NAND Flash Hard Drive Disk 2T Replacement for Mid 2013-2017 MacBook Air, Late 2013-Mid 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Late 2013-2017 iMac, 2013 Mac Pro, 2014 Mac Mini. 4.5 out of 5 stars.
2tb Ssd Drive For Mac Mini Mid 2011
2TB SSD External Hard Drives featured in this article are independently chosen. The ranking is based on quality, performance, features, customer reviews, and ratings. In the following section, we’ve mentioned some of the key features of each of the 2TB SSD External Hard Drives so that you can easily find the perfect one for your needs.
10 Best 2TB SSD External Hard DrivesSale1Highlighted Features:
- Get NVMe solid state performance featuring up to 1050MB/s read and up to 1000MB/s write speeds in a portable, high-capacity drive that’s perfect for creating amazing content or capturing incredible footage. (Requires compatible devices capable of reaching such speed. Based on internal testing; performance may be lower depending on host device, interface, usage conditions and other factors. 1MB=1,000,000 bytes.)
- Up to 2-meter drop protection and IP55 water and dust resistance mean this tough drive can take a beating.
- Use the handy carabiner loop to secure it to your belt loop or backpack for extra peace of mind.
- Help keep private content private with the included password protection featuring 256‐bit AES hardware encryption.
- USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 Compatibility. Fast data transfers
- Improve PC Performance
- High Capacity; Compatibility Formatted NTFS for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7; Reformatting may be required for other operating systems; Compatibility may vary depending on user’s hardware configuration and operating system
- Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for the Installation
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfers files nearly 9. 5x faster than external hard disk drive (HDD). Reads up to 1,050 MB/s / Writes up to 1,000 MB/s on USB 3.2 Gen 2 supported devices. RoHS Compliance
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS users to download the latest firmware update via the included Portable SSD Software 1.0 to ensure optimal performance
- Data transfer speed may vary depending on the user’s PC environment and the types of data being transferred. USB 3.2 Gen2 and UASP support are required for maximum transfer speed (1,050MB/s)
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS the usage of the included USB Type-C to C and USB Type-C to A cables. Non-original cables may cause performance degradation due to the varying internal resistance and maximum allowable currency
- BUILT STRONG & SECURE: Shock-resistant and withstands drops from 6ft
- ADVANCED HEAT CONTROL: DYNAMIC THERMAL GUARD (DTG) TECHNOLOGY protects the T7 (T7 Touch) from overheating by automatically slowing down the data transfer if necessary. DTG technology enhances product safety and reliability by preventing the T7 (T7 Touch) from reaching an excessively high temperature
- PASSWORD SECURITY
- Superfast read-write speeds of up to 540 MB/s
- Top to bottom metal design that fits in the palm of your hand
- Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption
- Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables. Shock resistance
- Available in capacities up to 5TB(1) that can hold up to 125 games(2), so that you can save old favorites and still have room for new titles. (1)As used for storage capacity, one gigabyte (GB) = one billion bytes and one terabyte (TB) = one trillion bytes. Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment. (2)Number of games based on a 36GB average per game. The number of games will vary based on file size, formatting, other programs, and factors.
- Comes with an 18-inch (457mm) USB Type-A to Micro-B cable with SuperSpeed interface up to 5Gbps. (Cable length may vary.)
- Compatible with Xbox Series X S (play and store Xbox One games / archive Xbox Series X S games) and PlayStation 5 (play and store PS4 games/archive PS5 games) consoles.
- Portable form factor with sleek metal top covering that provides fast access to your growing game library
- Premium HDD with 3-year limited warranty, purpose-built for gamers based on WD_BLACK quality and reliability.
- Incredible performance with read speeds up to 1050 MB/s
- Works with Windows, Mac, iPad Pro, Chromebook, Android, Linux, PS4, and Xbox One with USB-C 3.1 Gen2 and USB-A connectors
- Durable design featuring an anodized aluminum core, drop proof up to 7.5 feet, extreme-temperature, shock and vibration proof
- Backed by Micron, one of the largest manufacturers of flash storage in the world
- HUGE CAPACITY: Up to 4TB, storage capacity - enough for up to 20,000 photos, 100 hours of video, 6,000 songs, or 400GB of documents with room to spare
- FAST: Read speeds up to 540MB/s – that's 3.8x faster than most hard drives
- TINY, LIGHTWEIGHT: Fits between your fingertips and weighs less than your car keys
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY: Works with PC, Mac, Android, iPad Pro8 (PS4, Xbox One, and USB-A computer require USB-A adapter, available separately)
- RELIABLE AND DURABLE: Backed by Micron, one of the largest manufacturers of flash storage in the world
- Blazing fast NVMe technology with speeds of up to 1050MB/s and write speeds of up to 1000MB/s. Based on reading speed unless otherwise stated. As used for transfer rate, 1 MB/s = one million bytes per second. Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device, usage conditions, drive capacity, and other factors
- Password enabled 256-bit AES hardware encryption
- Shock and vibration resistant. Drop resistant up to 6.5ft (1.98m)
- Cross Compatible USB 3.2 Gen-2 and USB-C (USB-A for older systems)
- Easily store and access 2TB to content on the go with the Seagate Portable Drive, a USB external hard drive
- Designed to work with Windows or Mac computers, this external hard drive makes backup a snap just drag and drop
- To get set up, connect the portable hard drive to a computer for automatic recognition no software required
- This USB drive provides plug and play simplicity with the included 18 inch USB 3.0 cable
- A durable design with IP67 water/dust resistance, 3M drop tested, and 1000 pounds crush resistance
- Super fast transfer rates up to 560MB/s
- Latest generation USB C connectivity (USB 3.1 Gen 2)
- Shock and vibration resistant solid state drive
- With capacities up to 2TB in a small, light package (As used for storage capacity, 1 gigabyte (GB) = 1 billion bytes and 1 terabyte (TB) = 1 trillion bytes; Total accessible capacity varies depending on operating environment.)
- Order with your Alexa enabled device; Just ask 'Alexa, order G Technology External SSD.'
So, these are all of the Best 2TB SSD External Hard Drives that you can consider buying for your needs. If you think we’ve missed something, feel free to let us know by dropping a comment below.
Bestexternal SSD for MaciMore2021
For the fastest, most reliable, and smallest external storage solution possible, solid-state drives or SSD drives are the way to go. This external storage type is generally smaller and quieter; plus, it uses less energy than traditional hard disk or HDD external drives. If this sounds like exactly what you need, then here's a list of the best external SSD for Mac.
Tiny and mighty: Sabrent Rocket NanoStaff Pick
The Sabrent Rocket is the cutest, most compact SSD drive I've seen. Besides the cute factor, though, it's also powerful with a full 2TB of storage space and transfer speeds up to 10GB per second!
Great space: Crucial X6 4TB Portable SSD
Despite its compact size, the Crucial X6 SSD packs in a whole 4TB of space. This is a great solution for content creators who work with large file sizes.
Best design: Seagate Ultra Touch SSD
Small and versatile, the Seagate Ultra Touch is compatible with many devices, from Mac to PC, to Android. The cool fabric casing only adds to its appeal.
Fastest transfer: Samsung X5 Portable SSD
The Samsung X5 takes full advantage of the Thunderbolt 3 interface to transfer data at speeds up to 40GB per second! It's the fastest, rootinest, tootinest SSD around.
Matching outfits: OWC 1TB Envoy Pro Ex SSD
If outward appearance is important to you, you'll enjoy the fact that the aluminum build of this OWC SSD will match beautifully with silver Macs. Happily, it also works just as nicely as it looks.
Ruff and tuff: CalDigit Tuff Nano
The CalDigit Tuff Nano is built to take a beating. If you're taking your SSD along with you as you travel or explore the great outdoors, you'll want to make sure it can hold up under pressure, and this one fits the bill.
Best value: SanDisk 1TB Extreme Portable SSD
The SanDisk Extreme has a lot going for it. Not only does it come in at a nice low price, but it also has both USB-A and USB-C adapters for device versatility.
Cool and collected: G-Technology 1TB G-DRIVE mobile SSD
Another tough pick, the G-Drive is both drop and water-resistant. It also has a built-in cooling mechanism to ensure optimum performance over time without overheating.
With one of the best external SSD for Mac, you'll have the speediest, smallest storage solution around. The hard part is choosing which one to go with! We suggest the Sabrent Rocket Nano because of its sleek, tiny design that's so perfectly portable.
If your needs call for a more robust solution, then the Crucial X6 offers a full 4GB of storage space that you won't see on most other SSD external drives. Despite its large storage capacity, it is packed into a tidy, compact package that won't weigh you down. Most importantly, any of the drives on this list will work beautifully with your Mac.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.Get the shot! 📷
Develop your photo chops faster with these photography accessories
Whether you need a cable, card reader, or external hard drive, we have opinions. These are the best photography accessories for Mac on the market today.